Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i have a phone from three that i have always paid for by direct debit and for one reason or another the direct debit stopped coming out of my accoun (perhaps i clicked on the wrong thing when internet banking) ANYWAY this meant that my phone bill went unpaid for 2 months (without me knowing)

I just got homethis evening, fell asleep then i literally just woke to read my post...and i had a letter regarding pre litigation court proceedings if they didnt get this debt by THE 10TH OF FEB. So I then paid it in full immediatly on the internet, but can the technically still take legal action because they stipulated the10th of feb a 10am...because we are now into the 11th.

Please help im really worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria_25)
    Ok so i have a phone from three that i have always paid for by direct debit and for one reason or another the direct debit stopped coming out of my accoun (perhaps i clicked on the wrong thing when internet banking) ANYWAY this meant that my phone bill went unpaid for 2 months (without me knowing)

I just got homethis evening, fell asleep then i literally just woke to read my post...and i had a letter regarding pre litigation court proceedings if they didnt get this debt by THE 10TH OF FEB. So I then paid it in full immediatly on the internet, but can the technically still take legal action because they stipulated the10th of feb a 10am...because we are now into the 11th.

Please help im really worried.
    If you've now paid the bill in full, I'd be surprised if any court action followed (for a start, it would probably cost Three more than they could ever hope to get from you). Don't worry!

I'd suggest giving their customer services department a call tomorrow to explain the situation, and see if they can do anything about the negative markers that have probably been placed on your credit file.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't worry about a thing, my brother took a phone contract out on my name it was with t-mobile, and i didn't know about it, i cancelled the direct debit, and i received various letters about court procedures and debt collectors which was on going for various months but they didn't go ahead with anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    If you've now paid the bill in full, I'd be surprised if any court action followed (for a start, it would probably cost Three more than they could ever hope to get from you). Don't worry!

I'd suggest giving their customer services department a call tomorrow to explain the situation, and see if they can do anything about the negative markers that have probably been placed on your credit file.
    I agree wth this and would be surprised if any action followed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)

what annoys me about it, is that i specifically rang up tocancel the contract as i now have n 02 phone. I was just worried as befor I have never paid anything late. How much will this affect my credit rating? I currentl have a couple of credit cards, that I spent maybe £100 on each and am paying min payment on time, just to build up a credit rating, nt because I actually need them. Im worried im going to get stuck with a poor credit rating now

ReputationRep:
    sorry for typos, my keyboard is sticking some keys dont work :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria_25)
    what annoys me about it, is that i specifically rang up tocancel the contract as i now have n 02 phone. I was just worried as befor I have never paid anything late. How much will this affect my credit rating? I currentl have a couple of credit cards, that I spent maybe £100 on each and am paying min payment on time, just to build up a credit rating, nt because I actually need them. Im worried im going to get stuck with a poor credit rating now
    I wouldn't expect the effect to be too disastrous. IIRC, credit eports often use a 'traffic light' way of representing information, with 2-3 late payments being 'amber' but more than that showing up as 'red'. You might find it worth while to get a copy of your credit report, which you can do for free by signing up for a free trial with Equifax, Experian and/or Callcredit (the three UK credit reference agencies). They all maintain their own records but the information should be broadly the same from each. You'll have to pay a small fee if you actually want to know their assessment of your credit 'score'. Don't forget to cancel before the free 30 days have elapsed!

Slightly away from your main topic, I'd really suggest changing your direct debit to pay off the full balance on your credit card each month (or at least more than the minimum), as credit card debt tends to be very expensive unless you're on a time-limited 'special offer' deal.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.