Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im from Ireland and have been called for an interview for Design & Technology PGCE in manchester, just curious has anybody bein through this process or is it similar to other courses, I am finding it hard comprehend whats involved and to be honest really nervous. I work as a Quantity Surveyor for the past four years and trying to make a career change and am a bit out of the loop of the info and presentation need for educational environment.

the following is what is involve in the interview.

1. Basic numeracy and literacy tests.
    2. engage in a small group teaching task
    3. Please bring a portfolio of work demonstrating the quality of your designing and manufacturing capabilities and presentation on same.
    4. interview

I would like to thank you in advance for any advice you may be able to offer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.