Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confussing relationship - need advice/help. Watch

ReputationRep:
    long story short.

in a relationship with my bf just over a year, hes 18 im 17.
    i love him so much, but theres been so many arguments lately, i find he'd rather sit at home on his laptop than be with me now.
    i feel so lonely and cry every other night, for reasons i don't even know myself! i just feel so lost.
    and to make things worse, he might be moving country in september for uni, so waiting to find out if he is or isnt seems to be getting at me.
    whenever i try to bring him going away up,and what are we going to do, he dodges the question, got an answer though.. "go on a break"
    yepp soo go on a break for 4 years.. god, i just need a straight answer from him.
    he tells me he loves me. but we both have lack of trust in each other, were both quite insecure which is a problem aswell.

( sorry for the length.. im new, be nice)
    i relise i've left out so much information, but dont want to make you fall asleep!

:confused: :confused: :eek3: :eek3: :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, i relise im not asking a clear question, arggg i would have to go into so much detail for that efioghIOWRGHAVFDIOHGAEGISI

ReputationRep:
    Well i reckon you need to have a nice chat with him about the future of your relationship, both in the present and in the future. Crying at night every day won't help at all, bring yourself together and as a couple sort your stuff out. If you don't you're just going to become depressed and suffer even more. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this happens in any relationships. You have to trust your boy so much that you don,t have to doubt on him. When you've been in a relationship for a couple of years or so, you get so comfortable around each other that you inevitably take some things for granted. While women are also guilty of taking a few things in stride, men are even worse offenders. You have to think & speak to him properly about your relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Work on you insecurty first I would say...

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him, ask him what his feelings are, ask him what he wants in the relationship. If you dont ask, you get no where, so just sit down and tell him how you feel

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry to say it but it does seem like you care about the relationship alot more than him. Probably best to cut your losses and move on when you go to uni. There will be plenty of distractions to take your mind off him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poupee-thedoll)
    Work on you insecurty first I would say...
    This.

Also don't be clingy, that'll just drive him away. You can never predict what's going to happen in the future, everything is so uncertain, so don't fight it. Just let life run its course, if it's meant to be and if you both like eachother enough then you guys will stay together. If not, you're only 17, you're really young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Thing)

Also don't be clingy, that'll just drive him away.
    THIS!

it's sooooooooo true (I know, I've been there and am trying to stop).
    A clingy person is not attractive and is annoying.

You must love and trust yourself, if you don't you can't trust or love anyone else and nobody can trust you. see wut I mean?

You mustn't be dependent of him either.
    It will take some time but you have to do it, because at the end of the day, you are torturing yourself and it isn't making him any closer to you, so what's the point?

:jumphug: I know it's hard

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.