Turn on thread page Beta

Best band/artist in the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    Problem with this kinda discussion is that its all opinion, don't'cha think?
    Yeah I never said it wasn't.

But that's my opinion. You have yours, I think a lot of people jump on their bandwagon. They're not really a versatile band at all from what I've heard and they just appeal to popularists. Again that's my opinon.

ReputationRep:
    cannibal corpse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Muse are popularist, over-rated tosh. Painfully average songs most of them. Feeder are better than Muse and that's not a joke.
    Listen to their first three albums and then come back and tell me that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    Opinions, opinions opinions :pierre:
    There are definitive answers to some matters. It's harder to know whether this encompasses 'taste'.

ReputationRep:
    The Thirst.

Your choices suck OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Yeah I never said it wasn't.

But that's my opinion. You have yours, I think a lot of people jump on their bandwagon. They're not really a versatile band at all from what I've heard and they just appeal to popularists. Again that's my opinon.
    Just because a lot of people have jumped on a bandwagon doesn't make said bandwagon bad though. You could say the same for RaTM and the whole Christmas no.1 business.

You obviously haven't heard enough if you don't think they're versatile, but anyway I'd rather not bother debating this.

And Radiohead are the best band in the world imo, no one comes close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    Just because a lot of people have jumped on a bandwagon doesn't make said bandwagon bad though. You could say the same for RaTM and the whole Christmas no.1 business.

You obviously haven't heard enough if you don't think they're versatile, but anyway I'd rather not bother debating this.

And Radiohead are the best band in the world imo, no one comes close.
    How close minded. Radiohead are fantastic, but no one comes close? Ridiculous statement.

As for Feeder and Muse coming up. Feeder lyrically are leagues ahead and some personal fave lyrics have come from them whilst Muse's lyrics generally are awful for me, album wise Feeder are better too but Muse do have some really good songs but all their albums (even the superb Absolution and OOS struggle in places which is a shame as on the large part the albums are very good). I have awlasy thought Muse have struggled with the gap between loud and soft songs (if that's the best way to put it). They are either very slow or bigass like Stockholm Syndrome. I'm losing my thirst for Muse atm. I would love to see them live though.

Best band in the world there isn't one. Some of my modern faves are Radiohead, The Shins, TV On the radio, YYS, Air, Daft Punk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    How close minded. Radiohead are fantastic, but no one comes close? Ridiculous statement.

As for Feeder and Muse coming up. Feeder lyrically are leagues ahead and some personal fave lyrics have come from them whilst Muse's lyrics generally are awful for me, album wise Feeder are better too but Muse do have some really good songs but all their albums (even the superb Absolution and OOS struggle in places which is a shame as on the large part the albums are very good). I have awlasy thought Muse have struggled with the gap between loud and soft songs (if that's the best way to put it). They are either very slow or bigass like Stockholm Syndrome. I'm losing my thirst for Muse atm. I would love to see them live though.

Best band in the world there isn't one. Some of my modern faves are Radiohead, The Shins, TV On the radio, YYS, Air, Daft Punk.
    :rolleyes:

In my opinion, no one comes close to Radiohead. Must is all about opinions, so I gave mine. My other favourites bands are The Strokes and Muse, but (whilst I love them) I've never liked them as much as I've liked Radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    Still together/alive or not?

Amusing not then

1. The Beatles
    2. The Rolling Stones
    3. Pink Floyd
    4. The Sex Pistols
    5. The who.

ReputationRep:
    Michael. Jackson. =D

does he still count?

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    The Beach Boys > The Beatles.

hurrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Queen.

Freddie > God

In my opinion of course. I've had more results praying to him than I have to God.

I don't feel the need to justify my response right now, even though I could in sooo many ways. but i have to go to work... :-/

ReputationRep:
    Michael Jackson. I don't think anyone in current music is very close at all to his music. Look at all the people on this list and I expect in 10 years many will be very different!!

I wont even argue over why, but when someone has produced music, and so much at such a high standard, for over forty years, I think there is very little argument over how good they are.

I don't love the Beatles or Queen, not my kind of thing, but they were both very good. MJ for me hands down though, no musician/singer/songwriter/philanthropist has ever accomplished so much IMO.

Many of the names in this thread will be different in 10 years, I am sure of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    Michael. Jackson. =D

does he still count?
    Too right he does, rep on its way

ReputationRep:
    Nickelback

Hell Yeah!

(I joke)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinsley)
    Too right he does, rep on its way

Thank you kindly, rep backatcha!

out of those three, the strokes. find arctic monkeys a little generic and morrissey suicidal :P

but overall, Foo Fighters

ReputationRep:
    Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

ReputationRep:
    I'm also gonna say Muse. Anyone who reckons they're not versatile should listen to Showbiz and The Resistance and then compare them - completely different stuff.

If it helps, the first album (Showbiz) was criticised for being similar to Radiohead, and The Resistance (according to critics) has more of a Queen-style sound.

Other bands/artists I would include: Amy Lee/Evanescence, Audiosmog....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.