(Original post by rednaxela)
    Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals
    Not on the basis of one album, but they're stilll a good band.

ReputationRep:
    Rifles

ReputationRep:
    Prince is the most complete artist.

Covered numerous genres, created some of the greatest albums of all time, plays most of the instruments on his records, produces almost all his own material and is an amazing showman.

ReputationRep:
    Subjectively, Ray Lamontagne, Michael Jackson and Jack White.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i think it should be The Smiths, not Morrisey.
    Aaandd i'd say Artcic Monkeys, i'm not a fan of them, but i prefer them to the others listed.
    The best band is obviously The Killers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    :rolleyes:

In my opinion, no one comes close to Radiohead. Must is all about opinions, so I gave mine. My other favourites bands are The Strokes and Muse, but (whilst I love them) I've never liked them as much as I've liked Radiohead.
    Well obviously it was your opinion, doesn't make it any less close minded because no band is that far in front of the pack as it were.

ReputationRep:
    by definition, the best artist in the world is prince, no question

best band ever is the smashing pumpkins though, billy corgan's a genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Well obviously it was your opinion, doesn't make it any less close minded because no band is that far in front of the pack as it were.
    Rofl, am I being trolled?

Whose the judge of who the best band/artist in the world is? I guess a fair indicator would be the artist with the most sales, so it would be Michael Jackson, however I don't like Michael Jackson as much as I do Radiohead, so I believe Radiohead are better than the "best artist of all time", but then the guy two posts back the same about the Killers.

It's all objective ... if I think that Radiohead are miles better than anyone else, then it's my opinion and not really close minded at all, no other band I've listened to has released music as good (or as consistently) as Radiohead's, they are just my favourite band by a long way.

ReputationRep:
    Porcupine Tree.

Possibly not THE best band in the world, but as no one knows of them they deserve a mention.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Rufus Wainwright
    James Morrison
    Paulo Nutini
    =]]

ReputationRep:
    coldplay.

ReputationRep:
    Morrissey of course! Unlike a lot of celebrities he has depth as a bonus to good quality music.

ReputationRep:
    Ne-Yo...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Indigo)
    Morrissey of course! Unlike a lot of celebrities he has depth as a bonus to good quality music.
    If depth means being a miserable **** then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Jay-Z
    Michael Jackson(if you mean ever)
    Talib Kweli
    Broke Social Scene

ReputationRep:
    The Killers

ReputationRep:
    Well Queen has sold 400 million records, more than any other band ever. So Im guessing more people in the world know about them.
    But then theres AC:banana: DC which is also in the same league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Museee. Obviously
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    Rofl, am I being trolled?

Whose the judge of who the best band/artist in the world is? I guess a fair indicator would be the artist with the most sales, so it would be Michael Jackson, however I don't like Michael Jackson as much as I do Radiohead, so I believe Radiohead are better than the "best artist of all time", but then the guy two posts back the same about the Killers.

It's all objective ... if I think that Radiohead are miles better than anyone else, then it's my opinion and not really close minded at all, no other band I've listened to has released music as good (or as consistently) as Radiohead's, they are just my favourite band by a long way.
    Are you ******* stupid? Whatever way you look at it you are close minded to think any band is head and shoulders the best band ever. No band is that bloody brilliant compared to other bands. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are 2 of my favourite bands but i'm not naive enough to say they are head and shoulders the best even though i hold Pink Floyd and The Beatles as the best for their influences and importance of their music to recent music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    To be honest, i think it should be The Smiths, not Morrisey.
    Aaandd i'd say Artcic Monkeys, i'm not a fan of them, but i prefer them to the others listed.
    The best band is obviously The Killers.
    respect to this man:cool:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.