Turn on thread page Beta

Best band/artist in the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what are people saying on here?!

its blatently radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Listen to their first three albums and then come back and tell me that.
    ^
    this guy speaks sense. you cant judge muse untill youve listened to showbiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Are you ******* stupid? Whatever way you look at it you are close minded to think any band is head and shoulders the best band ever. No band is that bloody brilliant compared to other bands. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are 2 of my favourite bands but i'm not naive enough to say they are head and shoulders the best even though i hold Pink Floyd and The Beatles as the best for their influences and importance of their music to recent music.
    Lmfao, I'm just going to have to repeat what I've been saying previously.

I understand there's been far more influencial bands, far more commercially successful bands, etc - but I don't think there's a band whose music even compares to how good Radiohead's music is. At the end of the day I'm looking at quality of music and Radiohead have that more than anyone else I've ever heard. No I'm not "******* stupid", I just have an opinion which you obviously don't agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    :rolleyes:

In my opinion, no one comes close to Radiohead. Must is all about opinions, so I gave mine. My other favourites bands are The Strokes and Muse, but (whilst I love them) I've never liked them as much as I've liked Radiohead.
    its true. muse are awesome, but radiohead have just hit that new level that few bands in history have hit. it is subjective, but radiohead are just so musically and emotionally brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    ^
    this guy speaks sense. you cant judge muse untill youve listened to showbiz.
    I've been listening to Showbiz today, such a great album :coma:

It's different to their other albums, I probably prefer OoS and Absolution but Showbiz is great too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Best artists/bands:

David Bowie
    Aleka's Attic
    Bruce Springsteen
    Jon and Vangelis
    The Cure
    Nirvana
    The Smashing Pumpkins

and many more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I've been listening to Showbiz today, such a great album :coma:

It's different to their other albums, I probably prefer OoS and Absolution but Showbiz is great too :yep:
    its a close call between showbiz and absolution but i think showbiz wins :P im not a massive fan of their latest album, its a shame they are being judged on that!

ReputationRep:
    alice in chains do it for me!!!!

ReputationRep:
    McFly

ReputationRep:
    1.Manic Street Preachers
    2.Blur

End.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metallica nutter)
    metallica

/thread
    I second Metallica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    Green Day
    THIS!! I love you! :p: Haha!

ReputationRep:
    its a close call between showbiz and absolution but i think showbiz wins :P im not a massive fan of their latest album, its a shame they are being judged on that!
    The Resistance is still a great album though. It's totally different to their other albums, it has more of a mix of rock and classical influences and the Exogenisis Symphony is epic, only Muse could have done that. It is different and I think that's what puts some fans off the album.

Right now I'm listening to Falling Down from the Showbiz album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OdR...eature=related

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    The Resistance is still a great album though. It's totally different to their other albums, it has more of a mix of rock and classical influences and the Exogenisis Symphony is epic, only Muse could have done that. It is different and I think that's what puts some fans off the album.

Right now I'm listening to Falling Down from the Showbiz album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OdR...eature=related

:coma:
    fair enough, im always a bit sceptical when an awesome band changes a bit for a later album! i think on its own its definatly a great album, but when i compare it to the others i think its weak in comparison!

i absolutly adore that song! just absolutly beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Wish people would stop saying dead people. MJ, half of the Beatles etc are not in the world anymore so don't count.

Current best bands imo are Vampire Weekend/Kings of Leon/Strokes/Animal Collective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyseye#1)
    a) The Strokes.
    b) Arctic Monkeys.
    c) Morrissey.
    my top three are the strokes, arctic monkeys and vampire weekend :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Michael Jackson, Morrissey, Tupac :inlove:

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, im always a bit sceptical when an awesome band changes a bit for a later album! i think on its own its definatly a great album, but when i compare it to the others i think its weak in comparison!

i absolutly adore that song! just absolutly beautiful.
    Well I definitely like Origin of Symmetry and Absolution the most. The other three are all great albums too. I think it's a sign of a good band that they can show some variety in their sound.

EDIT: Just read PM

ReputationRep:
    Micheal Jackson?...

ReputationRep:
    at least ..he has the best album of all time =thriller, therefore the greatest artist that ever lived?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.