Best band/artist in the world? watch

ReputationRep:
    Killswitch Engage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyseye#1)
    a) The Strokes.
    b) Arctic Monkeys.
    c) Morrissey.
    I agree but I'd put Arctic Monkeys before the Strokes and perhaps the Smiths rather than Morissey because he's had his day now. Maybe also these bands:

1) The Who
    2) The Beatles

- Though u may not like these 2 bands, u cannot doubt their success and popularity as being 2 of the few most influential bands ever.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think that many people can dispute the fact that THE BEATLES were the most influential and popular and genius band ever and they practically defined rock music and changed music.
    Personally though, along with the Beatles I would say that THE WHO were another amazing band as well as more recently the ARCTIC MONKEYS - whose 2 first albums were in my opinion the best albums ever created, Humbug not so much.
    OASIS are also considered to be one of the best bands ever though there more recent albums were no way as good as those of definetly maybe and whats the story morning glory.
    Quite a few people think that MUSE are great but although i acknowledge that they are totally different to any other band, Matt Bellamy's voice is just friggin annoying after a while, the same goes for the STROKES, Casablancas's voice is just too croaky to listen to 1 of their albums from start to finish.
    I also love the ARCTIC MONKEYS because they come from the mighty steel city - sheffield! and they are Wednesday supporters.
    Lovin Vampire Weekend atm as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_law25)
    Of the past: The Beatles or the La's
    Now: ......Kasabian?
    The La's - They made 1 album?

ReputationRep:
    IllScarlett are the BEST band to have ever graced this earth.

ReputationRep:
    d) Lady GaGa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    I was talking about Rage Against the Machine,not the German band Rage.:p:
    Ah, gotcha, should've said :p:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    Rage are one quality band,just not best in the world.
    Which one are we talking about now? I agree either way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Best bands:

The Beatles
    The Residents
    The Four Tops
    The Clash
    Odyssey
    Animal Collective
    Funkadelic/Parliament
    The Four Seasons
    The Who
    Jefferson Airplane

Best artists:

Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Stevie Wonder
    Smokey Robinson
    Lou Reed
    Hall & Oates
    David Bowie
    Goldfrapp
    Brian Eno
    Nat King Cole

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead!

ReputationRep:
    Green Day!!!

ReputationRep:
    Feeder.

(also the most underrated band of all time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farrboy)
    The La's - They made 1 album?
    But it's amazing! Listen to the Kitchen Tape, maybe not THE best band but they had a lot of potential.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think that many people can dispute the fact that THE BEATLES were the most influential and popular and genius band ever and they practically defined rock music and changed music.
    Personally though, along with the Beatles I would say that THE WHO were another amazing band as well as more recently the ARCTIC MONKEYS - whose 2 first albums were in my opinion the best albums ever created, Humbug not so much.
    OASIS are also considered to be one of the best bands ever though there more recent albums were no way as good as those of definetly maybe and whats the story morning glory.
    Quite a few people think that MUSE are great but although i acknowledge that they are totally different to any other band, Matt Bellamy's voice is just friggin annoying after a while, the same goes for the STROKES, Casablancas's voice is just too croaky to listen to 1 of their albums from start to finish.
    I also love the ARCTIC MONKEYS because they come from the mighty steel city - sheffield! and they are Wednesday supporters.
    The Beatles sure were revulutionary, but mostly so with Revolver over Abbey Road and White Album and perhaps Sgt Peppers (but i dont like that album). Pink Floyd were as influential with what they did. I don't think the beatles were the sole influencers. They just did a lot with rock/pop music and mainstream structures being used to this day. For me the most important bands are The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Not on the basis of one album, but they're stilll a good band.
    Are you having a laugh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I totally agree with this :yep:
    Thanks, i like a load of old rock stuff like Bon jovi but then again i really love new music from the killers or kings of leon etc.

Im not really into rnb or anything like that but there might be a really good song that comes along thats catchy and could be song of the year!!!!

ReputationRep:
    boys 2 men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    If depth means being a miserable **** then fair enough.
    Being miserable is just the result of having depth. You can't blame him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    beatles obvs
    I agree! The Beatles are practically the basis of music...especially Lennon - he was one of a kind

ReputationRep:
    Good post, I agree on Oasis as well their first albums are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    LOL The Strokes? Are you lot ******* kidding me? Arctic Monkeys' first two albums were "the best ever created"? What is wrong with you people

Anyway, the best band in the world is Radiohead. Also knocking about (I don't really love that many bands) are Sed'maya Rasa, who are better than most of the third-rate English ***** that has been put forward in this thread thus far (I mean Christ, Vampire Weekend?!), Why?, and someone less worthy but still standing a mention are probably people like Interpol, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Maximo Park, Rage Against the Machine.

Oh maybe also Beirut. Although he should probably be classed as an "artist"... On the artist front it's much easier to have a fruitful list. Regina Spektor, Amy Winehouse, Laura Marling, historically Bob Dylan (naturally), Jeff Buckley, Fiona Apple, honourable mention to Elliott Smith.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.