Turn on thread page Beta

Best band/artist in the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farrboy)
    I dont think that many people can dispute the fact that THE BEATLES were the most influential and popular and genius band ever and they practically defined rock music and changed music.
    Personally though, along with the Beatles I would say that THE WHO were another amazing band as well as more recently the ARCTIC MONKEYS - whose 2 first albums were in my opinion the best albums ever created, Humbug not so much.
    OASIS are also considered to be one of the best bands ever though there more recent albums were no way as good as those of definetly maybe and whats the story morning glory.
    Quite a few people think that MUSE are great but although i acknowledge that they are totally different to any other band, Matt Bellamy's voice is just friggin annoying after a while, the same goes for the STROKES, Casablancas's voice is just too croaky to listen to 1 of their albums from start to finish.
    I also love the ARCTIC MONKEYS because they come from the mighty steel city - sheffield! and they are Wednesday supporters.
    Lovin Vampire Weekend atm as well.
    i agree with all you say :yes: apart from 1) matt's voice is not annoying! and 2) youve missed out radiohead!!

ReputationRep:
    Dream Theater. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting website: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/
    Top ten of all time on there is:
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan
    David Bowie
    Led Zeppelin
    Prince
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Who
    Elvis Presley
    Radiohead

ReputationRep:
    Bob Dylan
    Radiohead
    Roy Buchannan
    Jimi Hendrix
    Eminem
    Rab Mc Cullough
    Sinatra
    Jay Z

ReputationRep:
    Morrissey/The Smiths, The Beatles, Queen, The Jam, Meat Loaf. Random bag lol but they're all good.

ReputationRep:
    Muse
    Paramore
    Death Cab for Cutie

ReputationRep:
    My favorite band is Oasis. Current band/artist favorite...im not sure, probably Kasabian or maybe Arctic Monkeys.
    As for BEST probably The Beatles...in terms of how much influence they had upon music, not sure really.

ReputationRep:
    Other awesome artisits and bands are:

- Michael Jackson R.I.P
    - Lady Gaga
    - Kasabian

ReputationRep:
    The Smiths!!

ReputationRep:
    I agreee, it has to be The Smiths. Nothing compares to them they were just something so special.

Pink Floyd are a close second. Then maybe bright eyes but I would say that was more on lyrics rather than vocals..

ReputationRep:
    how the **** are the smiths even mentioned. there's nothnig outstanding about anything they do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    how the **** are the smiths even mentioned. there's nothnig outstanding about anything they did
    The Smiths are practically the ones who invented Britpop, along with The Stone Roses and Happy Mondays (Madchester).
    You can read about it here

The "Britpop movement preempted by The Stone Roses and spearheaded by groups like Oasis, Suede and Blur, drew heavily from Morrissey's portrayal of and nostalgia for a bleak urban England of the past." Britpop band Blur formed as a result of seeing The Smiths on The South Bank Show in 1987.
    Oh, and their music is ******* awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_law25)
    Good post, I agree on Oasis as well their first albums are amazing.
    Thanks mate - You clearly have good taste in music

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.