Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing at Epsom and wondering if anyone else has had an offer from UCA and if it's their first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KandyKouture)
    Hey
    I firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing at Epsom and wondering if anyone else has had an offer from UCA and if it's their first choice.
    wow! lucky you! im so stressed out. I'm due for interview until coming wednesday the 17th feb. im a bit nervous about it and not sure about my presentation. i aint got a proper A1 OR A2 size portfolio cuz heard from a lot that all you have to do is talk about one of your work. and ya,any advice or suggestions that would help ??? what did you put in your portfolio??? i would really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Iv firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing at Epsom too!!! i was sooo excited to get an offer as it was my first choice!!..

as for the interview you basically just have to sell yourself to them, make sure you get in everything you want to say! it doesnt really matter about your portfolio as they dont look through it anyway, you just have to pick one piece of work to present, i just chose to talk about my art sketchbook and so did a few others, others showed textiles work or media projects. Its best if you pick something that shows your ability to research a topic thoroughly yet showing that your creative aswell. The interviewer is the course leader and shes really nice, she made us all feel very relaxed and was actually interested in what everyone had to say which was encouraging (unlike some of the other interviews i went to). I hope iv helped, dont be too worried about it just show that your confident and make yourself stand out.. good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennieSpaulding)
    Iv firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing at Epsom too!!! i was sooo excited to get an offer as it was my first choice!!..

as for the interview you basically just have to sell yourself to them, make sure you get in everything you want to say! it doesnt really matter about your portfolio as they dont look through it anyway, you just have to pick one piece of work to present, i just chose to talk about my art sketchbook and so did a few others, others showed textiles work or media projects. Its best if you pick something that shows your ability to research a topic thoroughly yet showing that your creative aswell. The interviewer is the course leader and shes really nice, she made us all feel very relaxed and was actually interested in what everyone had to say which was encouraging (unlike some of the other interviews i went to). I hope iv helped, dont be too worried about it just show that your confident and make yourself stand out.. good luck!!!

OMG! See you there! I can't wait! When did you have your interview, was it in december? We might of been in the same interview! OMG, OMG, OMG, I know I sound soo silly, but I just CANNOT wait! I need a new start straight away! Lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tra3)
    wow! lucky you! im so stressed out. I'm due for interview until coming wednesday the 17th feb. im a bit nervous about it and not sure about my presentation. i aint got a proper A1 OR A2 size portfolio cuz heard from a lot that all you have to do is talk about one of your work. and ya,any advice or suggestions that would help ??? what did you put in your portfolio??? i would really appreciate it!
    What Jennie said is exactly what happened in my interview. I presented a shop report I had done.
    Good luck, i'm sure you'll do amazing! x

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I applied at UCA Epsom in the end of December and I still have no reply from them :/ In the Applicant Portal it has said that they have received my portfolio for ages and ages, but no decision. So now I'm worried because I saw that people have already received offers... a friend of mine also already received an unconditional offer, but she applied for a foundation year instead. I really need this offer, I have nowhere else to go... oh and I applied for the Graphic Design course..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kattyish)
    Oh no, I applied at UCA Epsom in the end of December and I still have no reply from them :/ In the Applicant Portal it has said that they have received my portfolio for ages and ages, but no decision. So now I'm worried because I saw that people have already received offers... a friend of mine also already received an unconditional offer, but she applied for a foundation year instead. I really need this offer, I have nowhere else to go... oh and I applied for the Graphic Design course..
    I know how you feel, one of my friends is going through the same thing. He applied for the fashion journo. course and had his interview and he still hasn't heard nothing. It's worring because with me and alot of people, after our interview we heard in exactly one week. If you're worried, just email or call them, I would! x

ReputationRep:
    OMG! See you there! I can't wait! When did you have your interview, was it in december? We might of been in the same interview! OMG, OMG, OMG, I know I sound soo silly, but I just CANNOT wait! I need a new start straight away! Lol x
    I no i cant wait to start im sooo fed up of all this 6thform work!!! just wana get it over and done with so i can start studying what i am actually interested in lol!!.. no my interview was 27th of january i was supposed to have it on december 9th but i was at another interview and then everytime they reschedualed it i kept having things on like january exams n that so the earilest one i could do was the 27th, i was so happy to get a place the course is perfect for me and i loved epsom aswell!!! so it all worked out good .. x

ReputationRep:
    I got an Unconditional offer today! Yay. I haven't actually visited the place, is it nice?

ReputationRep:
    I no i cant wait to start im sooo fed up of all this 6thform work!!! just wana get it over and done with so i can start studying what i am actually interested in lol!!.. no my interview was 27th of january i was supposed to have it on december 9th but i was at another interview and then everytime they reschedualed it i kept having things on like january exams n that so the earilest one i could do was the 27th, i was so happy to get a place the course is perfect for me and i loved epsom aswell!!! so it all worked out good .. x
    What subjects do you study? Right now, I study Law, Politics and Graphics. Worst combo ever! I actually wanted to be a lawyer before or something, but now I do it.. i'm like erghhh, no! It's not me at all! But yeah, the course at epsom is amazing, everyone is so lovely there aswell. And I loved the reception bit with the flat screen tele on catwalk shows... kept me interested before the interview lol x

ReputationRep:
    My January interview was rescheduled to the 15th April..so 2 more months of painful waiting! Especially considering the massive amount of people applying to both UAL and UCA this year, offers will be so much harder to get. I loved UCA when I went to visit so I really hope I can get an offer, it's lovely there.

Anyone else had an interview with them or let me know more about their interview process?

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview in April for Fashion Promotion and Imaging. When I read the details about the interview they said it's in a group of about 18-24 people, that's so terrifying! I just hope I stand out somehow because Epsom is my first choice and I really want to go there.

ReputationRep:

Hey thanks a lot for a bit of information. This really helps. Yea, I was thinking, portfolio is not gonna matter much as you know it's first time for most of us doing this basic portfolio stuffs and they won't be going through each of them. I got my interview tommorow so, hope it goes on well for me. Epsom's my first choice so I have to make it anyhow Thanks a lot once again

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview for music journalism there about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear. I really hope I get in,the course sounds so good. I HATE waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    My January interview was rescheduled to the 15th April..so 2 more months of painful waiting! Especially considering the massive amount of people applying to both UAL and UCA this year, offers will be so much harder to get. I loved UCA when I went to visit so I really hope I can get an offer, it's lovely there.

Anyone else had an interview with them or let me know more about their interview process?
    There's loads of people applying to UCA? How do you know? I didn't think it was as popular as LCF tbh? x

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of people applying to UCA? How do you know? I didn't think it was as popular as LCF tbh? x
    Read it in the paper, but there's more about it here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...Mandelson.html

"Demand for places at some universities has doubled. According to figures, applications to the University of the Arts London have increased by 111 per cent in just one year, while interest in the University of the Creative Arts is up by 94 per cent. "

Scary stuff, no? Next year is likely to be worse too.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one fashion management and marketing. and yep i agree the course leader was so nice during the interview

ReputationRep:
    Hey Kandy [:

We've obviously already spoke, but i got an offer from UCA yesterday and i'm going to firm it pretty soon [:

got a request for an interview today for the LCF, but i'm really unsure as whether or not to bother going as i'm so set on UCA!

any future UCA students feel free to hit me up for uca chat - www.facebook.com/justjord

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you study? Right now, I study Law, Politics and Graphics. Worst combo ever! I actually wanted to be a lawyer before or something, but now I do it.. i'm like erghhh, no! It's not me at all! But yeah, the course at epsom is amazing, everyone is so lovely there aswell. And I loved the reception bit with the flat screen tele on catwalk shows... kept me interested before the interview lol x
    Im doing art, business, media and philosophy&ethics.. four subjects is ALOT of work!! especially as they all include coursework! at the moment iv got 6 pieces of coursework to complete and they are all like major projects aswell so i basically have no free time!! can't wait till its all done!! roll on june 17th... my last exam!!.. iv also been trying to get lots of work experience in before i start which has been fun ..x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordJosh)
    Hey Kandy [:

We've obviously already spoke, but i got an offer from UCA yesterday and i'm going to firm it pretty soon [:

got a request for an interview today for the LCF, but i'm really unsure as whether or not to bother going as i'm so set on UCA!

any future UCA students feel free to hit me up for uca chat - www.facebook.com/justjord

same thing happened to me!! the day i went to firm my offer from UCA i got an invitation to an interview at LCF!! it was sooo frustrating cause i had kinda just given up on them but i had allready decided on epsom and i could be bothered to go to another interview lol! plus as i hear more about LCF it becomes less desirable to me so i wasnt that disapointed when i declined it x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.