The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JennieSpaulding
same thing happened to me!! the day i went to firm my offer from UCA i got an invitation to an interview at LCF!! it was sooo frustrating cause i had kinda just given up on them but i had allready decided on epsom and i could be bothered to go to another interview lol! plus as i hear more about LCF it becomes less desirable to me so i wasnt that disapointed when i declined it x

I keep to reply to this, but the student room keeps saying no! argh, try again:

Yeah it's frustrating isn't it, but i've heard the same sort of things about LCF, bad teaching, bitchy students but a good rep! UCA seems to have that sort of fashion/art community but with a good atmosphere.

And UCA still has a good and upcoming rep, with the guardian claiming they had nearly twice as many apps this year!

What you planning to study there [: ?
iv heard that LCF is just all about the name and thats about it. At LCF you are just a number where as UCA treat everyone as individuals, it just seems like a much nicer place to be. UCA still has a really good reputation in industry they just dont go shouting about it lol, work experience oppurtunities are just as good n all that... iv firmed an offer for Fashion Management and Marketing :biggrin:..xx
Reply 22
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=313862691594

started a facebook group for prospective epsom students [:
Reply 23
JordJosh
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=313862691594

started a facebook group for prospective epsom students [:

Good idea..I joined :smile:
Reply 24
mxcs
Good idea..I joined :smile:

Whey! Good to see [:

Pass it around if you know anyone else in the same boat
KandyKouture
Hey :smile:
I firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing at Epsom and wondering if anyone else has had an offer from UCA and if it's their first choice.

just firmed UCA as well :smile: do you know what grade you need.. 220 ucas point?!? :s-smilie: is it like BBC??
Reply 26
happi_minnie
just firmed UCA as well :smile: do you know what grade you need.. 220 ucas point?!? :s-smilie: is it like BBC??

220 UCAS points is equivalent to C C D.
Reply 27
bonjour. i've got a conditional offer from UCA for Fashion Journalism (after an awful experience of trekking down to Surrey from York, to find that the interview was cancelled, & a subsequent phone interview instead a few weeks later, rather than the dreaded group interview!) but i'm still unsure about it... there's a few reasons.
their massive lack of communication & organisation regarding the prospective students has put me off, Epsom itself seemed pretty dull & didn't seem to have anything for students, and the way they act as if it's so close to London... but it wasn't particularly! hmmm.
I've done the test & had an interview at UAL on the 15th feb, which is definitely my first choice and if i get an offer from there (i find out in March) then it's a dead cert for me! but if i don't manage to get into UAL, shall i just stick with UCA!? advice please.
Reply 28
i've just received a conditional offer for fashion marketing and management course in Epsom!!!
Tra3
i've just received a conditional offer for fashion marketing and management course in Epsom!!!

wooo well done!! are you firming it?
i've just joined. Conditional for UCA for Fashion Journalism, i had my interview at LCF but then got an unsuccessful through yesterday :frown:
Reply 31
jemmalouise-x
i've just joined. Conditional for UCA for Fashion Journalism, i had my interview at LCF but then got an unsuccessful through yesterday :frown:

hiya, i've got a conditional for Fashion Journalism at UCA too, and got an unsuccessful for LCF just like you... are you going to stick with UCA? i'm not sure cos i wasn't very keen on it compared to LCF :frown: advice neeeeeded.
Reply 32
happi_minnie
wooo well done!! are you firming it?

Oh yes I did!!! it's my first choice :smile:
Reply 33
I've got an interview soon for Fashion Promotion. In the info it says that after your PF review and 5-minute presentation "You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire".

Does anyone know what this questionnaire is about?

They ask us to have "Evidence of contemporary cultural awareness in the form of contextual studies, exhibition file, references, sketchbooks etc". Do we have to revise contemporary culture for the questions?
Hello :smile: I just received a conditional last week from Epsom for Fashion Marketing & Management too like a couple of you here! So nervous because I thought the ucas update was an unsuccessful from another place.. and I never had a proper interview with them.. just sent off a shop report and a couple of pieces of artwork because I'm in Ireland! might put it down as insurance depending on how others turn out but at least I know I have UCA :smile: also great to see the community of people here! x
Reply 35
cremeallure38
Hello :smile: I just received a conditional last week from Epsom for Fashion Marketing & Management too like a couple of you here! So nervous because I thought the ucas update was an unsuccessful from another place.. and I never had a proper interview with them.. just sent off a shop report and a couple of pieces of artwork because I'm in Ireland! might put it down as insurance depending on how others turn out but at least I know I have UCA :smile: also great to see the community of people here! x

That's so wonderful, congratulations! Are you firming it?
I didn't think so many people were doing Fashion Marketing & Management but there seems to be quite a few! :smile: Has anyone had like an actual tour of the inside of the halls and stuff because i heard they weren't too great?
mxcs
That's so wonderful, congratulations! Are you firming it?

Thanks very much. Have you received an offer yet?
I don't know if i'm firming it yet though, I still have to hear back from 2 others which are higher on my preference list but UCA does sound nice so it's reassuring to receive an offer from them. Also, the points I think are very managable so it's quite exciting :smile: x
Reply 38
cremeallure38
Thanks very much. Have you received an offer yet?
I don't know if i'm firming it yet though, I still have to hear back from 2 others which are higher on my preference list but UCA does sound nice so it's reassuring to receive an offer from them. Also, the points I think are very managable so it's quite exciting :smile: x

I'm still waiting for my interview at the end of April :smile: looking forward to it! I've done my main A-level subjects already so I think they'll be more discriminating with giving unconditional offers (as they can't really give a conditional).
ive got a conditional offer for fashion management and marketing! :smile: definetly firming the offer but its not come up on the ucas site yet =/

Latest