Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisewoods1990)
    ive got a conditional offer for fashion management and marketing! definetly firming the offer but its not come up on the ucas site yet =/
    Hey Louise, we were together for an interview ???
    when I got an offer, I was wondering how many of us were actually offered a place. Its good to hear you did! hopefully see you on September then!!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting...anyone else apply for Music Journalism?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I got an offer for BA fashion (4 years) today and firmed it as soon as it came up on UCAS. Very excited now Is anyone else doing this course?

Oh and I joined the facebook group. Very good idea!

I shall see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Heya I confirmed my offer for BA Fashion 3 years at UCA. Has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer at Epsom, but I'm not sure I want to go there. Hoping for some other offers, particularly unconditionals!

The whole process is horribly long - I won't get my last interview till the end of April, and unis are taking ages to reply after interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tra3)
    Hey Louise, we were together for an interview ???
    when I got an offer, I was wondering how many of us were actually offered a place. Its good to hear you did! hopefully see you on September then!!

Hey! yeh we were! I'm so happy I got an offer they took ages getting back to me! I know I wonder too, I think they are still doing interviews for our course as well so it must of been popular!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear back ..

ReputationRep:
    heyyy i have an interview for ba fashion ,, (3 years) at epsom on wednesday,
    what sort of questions did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    Ive firmed my place for Fashion Journalism cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer to do Fashion Journalism. Haven't replied yet but I'm pretty sure I'll firmly accept because I'm only waiting for one more reply and thats for a last minute choice I made. Apart from that the other courses I applied for came back as full because I applied late.
    I applied to uni years ago but didnt go for a few reasons...I forgot how totally stressful using UCAS is!:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordJosh)
    Hey Kandy [:

We've obviously already spoke, but i got an offer from UCA yesterday and i'm going to firm it pretty soon [:

got a request for an interview today for the LCF, but i'm really unsure as whether or not to bother going as i'm so set on UCA!

any future UCA students feel free to hit me up for uca chat - www.facebook.com/justjord
    hey, what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm in a bit of a panic. I applied for fashion management ages ago and today I got a letter today from uca saying I missed an interview... even though I definitely was never told about it. No letter or email. Nothing. They are letting me have a new one so I just emailed them now. But it could be next week or something! I'm so stressed.

What do I need for the interview what was it like??
    Would REALLY appreciate any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishsahara)
    Heya I confirmed my offer for BA Fashion 3 years at UCA. Has anyone else?
    just waiting to here back from Kingston.. if not then im accepting it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderwithrosiee)
    just waiting to here back from Kingston.. if not then im accepting it
    Ace, have you heard back from kingston yet? I've just sorted my accommodation out for UCA so excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishsahara)
    Ace, have you heard back from kingston yet? I've just sorted my accommodation out for UCA so excited.
    yes found out on wednesday i have a place

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for graphic design: new media a couple months back, only just accepted it though just in time of the deadline cause I kept going between two unis (plymouth and epsom), plymouth's too close to home, worse uni and course BUT the chance of house sharing with mates I went with epsom in the end, hopefully it turns out to be the right choice

ReputationRep:
    ive firmed my offer for fashion management and marketing!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on here in a while, but I had my UCA interview for FM&M a few weeks ago and got a rejection shortly afterwards. Think it was due to my lack of work experience, though I thought that didn't really matter in uni application, especially if you don't live near London? Pretty disappointed about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    Haven't been on here in a while, but I had my UCA interview for FM&M a few weeks ago and got a rejection shortly afterwards. Think it was due to my lack of work experience, though I thought that didn't really matter in uni application, especially if you don't live near London? Pretty disappointed about that.
    Why would they reject you just because of your lack of work experience? I've don't have hardly any, the only fashion related thing I've done was a week course at LCF, , seems unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *my-future's-bright*)
    Why would they reject you just because of your lack of work experience? I've don't have hardly any, the only fashion related thing I've done was a week course at LCF, , seems unfair
    Just seemed the only thing that made me stick out from everyone else..when the interviewer asked about what relevant work experience people had done, each of the others there were from in and around London with amazing work placements in well-known/high-end marketing/fashion companies that people several hours outside of the capital only dream of having one day! I was astounded at some of the employment-related experiences that the other candidates had already had at the mere ages of 16-17.

Other than that, my portfolio was thorough with both written business and creative stuff which the interviewer seemed generally impressed with, the written 'quiz' we had to fill out was no problem and I was pretty pleased with how my personal statement turned out since numerous tutors at my school had a huge amount of praise for it.

Seemed like a lot more people were getting offers towards the beginning of the interview cycle?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.