Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know I need to see an expert to get this checked, but, before I do, thought I'd see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I noticed a bit of lower back pain/ache last night whilst playing football. I haven't really noticed it much at the gym and it's been non existent when I'm at rest, but it seemed as though every time I ran or twisted and turned, I felt a sort of twinge, more of a vibration than a pain as such. It sounds a bit vague but can't really explain it any other way. Admittedly, the pitch was hard and in a terrible state but I'm concerned about hitting it hard at the gym if there is a problem. On the other hand, it's fine now and it may have just been due to the awful pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Which part of the back? Lats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Which part of the back? Lats?
    In the following area:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Did you Squat/Dead the day before at the gym?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Did you Squat/Dead the day before at the gym?
    No. Last squatted on Sunday (relatively light) and DL about 1.5 weeks ago.

Supposed to be DL'ing today but I'm a little apprehensive about it after last night. I'm sure the pitch didn't help, but there must be an underlying issue for it to have come to my attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdaD)
    No. Last squatted on Sunday (relatively light) and DL about 1.5 weeks ago.

Supposed to be DL'ing today but I'm a little apprehensive about it after last night. I'm sure the pitch didn't help, but there must be an underlying issue for it to have come to my attention.
    See if you have any problems in your warm up sets... if not... PICK SOMETHING ******' HEAVY UP RAWWWR... n ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdaD)
    In the following area:
    Does anything make it worse? ie standing, sitting, changing positions, doing valsava... etc?

Are you getting any pain radiating to either side or down a leg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Does anything make it worse? ie standing, sitting, changing positions, doing valsava... etc?

Are you getting any pain radiating to either side or down a leg?
    No, none of that. Have been sitting in different positions today, walking, standing etc., and it feels fine. When I think about it, it was evident whilst running straight, as well as twisting and turning. I'm glad it's not a constant niggle, but surely it can't be fully attributed to the hard ground.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.