Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have dyed my hair and it's quite dark - BIG MISTAKE. Can't go to uni looking like this lol Going to the hairdressers later and they're going to look at it. Prob will need it stripped. Has anyone had this done? Let me know your experiences of it and if it ruins your hair. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I had it and my hair went dry as hell. Also it was quite ginger when they first did it as that's what happens after you strip it and you can't dye over it until about a month after or your hair will like fall out or something. Really annoyed me as all of my hairdresser visits to get it to the colour I wanted costed me about £1000 in total, I thought an expensive salon would be a good choice!
    But yeah my hair was in really bad condition for a couple of months after the completion to the colour I wanted (browny blonde) but it's getting better now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    I had it and my hair went dry as hell. Also it was quite ginger when they first did it as that's what happens after you strip it and you can't dye over it until about a month after or your hair will like fall out or something. Really annoyed me as all of my hairdresser visits to get it to the colour I wanted costed me about £1000 in total, I thought an expensive salon would be a good choice!
    But yeah my hair was in really bad condition for a couple of months after the completion to the colour I wanted (browny blonde) but it's getting better now.
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your experience. £1000 is pretty steep but hope it's better now. Got my hair stripped this evening. It wasn't a bleach strip and the hairdresser said it was less damaging. After that a few other products went on and then I got a semi-permanent colour. Overall it has turned out well. Hair isn't damaged and back to normal Cost £70 in total, £5 of that was a tip. So glad that drama is over:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_pea)
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your experience. £1000 is pretty steep but hope it's better now. Got my hair stripped this evening. It wasn't a bleach strip and the hairdresser said it was less damaging. After that a few other products went on and then I got a semi-permanent colour. Overall it has turned out well. Hair isn't damaged and back to normal Cost £70 in total, £5 of that was a tip. So glad that drama is over:p:
    That's great. I supposed it didn't help that my hair was pitch black and is extremely course, but oh well. It's fine now really

ReputationRep:
    I have one verygood wikipedia link check this link
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_dye_stripping
    I this will tell you everything about hair stripping.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.