Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to gain a MSc degree from one of the British universities , so I found a lot of courses at the computing departments , so can any one tell e what are the differences (regarding the course description, available positions after graduating, etc,.. ) between the following Master programs:-
    1. computer science
    2. software engineering
    3. distributed system
    4. parallel and high performance system
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps take some time to actually read the course descriptions for each and you'll get a better idea. If you can't be bothered to read the course description what makes you think you'll have the passion to do one of the courses? :s

ReputationRep:
    If you cant understand the differences in course description (thats if you bothered reading them) for each course than you should't study that subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'll echo what everyone else here has claimed. If you don't know what you're getting into you'll not finish the course and will just end up wasting thousands of pounds.

I'd recommend having a quick look on Wikipedia for a neutral view on what these subjects entail, but you'll find that most universities have their own interpretation on what these courses are about. For example, if you're looking at the ex-polytechnics then you're looking at a ton of Java in Computer Science, whereas a number of the top universities want proficiency in Maths and probably in C.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.