Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

We are very comfortable and I'm scared I'm clinging to that rather than more (like I like going home to him at night and having him to spend time with).
    The trouble is that A. I don't really enjoy the sex anymore and tend to to have it to make him happy (I personally think that's still a valid justification as I enjoy making him happy...but it is mostly that). To makes things worse, I've never orgasmed (I think I am one of those few who can't - I can't by myself either; certain parts are sore) but, I did use to really enjoy sex with him anyway and now very rarely do.
    B. We're horrible to each other which isn't healthy at all. When we argue I can behave to him in ways I wouldn't dream of around anyone else but I literally can't stop myself. And he can be very mean back. I know arguments will happen in relationships but this feels like too much.

The thing is, I'm worried I'm being affected by other external pressures. One of my parents absolutely loves him and the other hinted recently that I shouldn't stay with him post-uni because he'll limit my opportunities. I find other people judge me for being with him. But most people think we're really happy.

All these doubts are increasingly frequent but only quite recent (from christmas time) and literally change on a week-by-week basis depending on what's going on with us. I don't know if I'm just being stupid and OTT when I'm emotional, or if I do need to act. Thing is, I obviously worry more about our relationship when I'm angry or sad (like now) but then I get worried that I'd stupidly break-up a relationship that works for the most part because of a rare fight or self-righteousness or just a desire to be cruel! How can I tell, leaving aside the extremes of arguments (that are rare) and the lovey moments and my comfort with him/dependence on him...if this is still a good relationship to be in?

Have you talked to your partner about your feelings? It may help to clear the air - he's probably oblivious to your inner turmoil and it may help if he can understand what you're going through and why you're being irrational.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.