Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello Friends.
    Recently, I have noticed that I hopelessly fall in love. I can never tell when or if a girl likes me. This is really hard.I found a girl who is very sweet to me. She tells me that I am the sweetest guy she has ever met and that she loves me. She also has a boyfriend. She talks to him about me and things like that.I really do think I like her.What do you think I should do?
    Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?

ReputationRep:
    You're friend zoned amigo. Only way to break out is to be an utter ******** and pump iron so you can literally use your pecks to crush melons.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the poster above. These days, sweetness gets you nowhere. You'll have to start pumping iron and adopt a "who gives a ****" attitude towards daily life. Sad but still true. Saying that, a little bit of sweetness round a lady now and then is critical.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet does not equal falling in love with a girl without ever asking her out on a date. That equals pathetic and cowardly. You don't have to be a bad ass to get girls. But there is no use saying i'm a nice guy and I can't get girls if you never ask any out.

ReputationRep:
    100% of girls will say they want a sweet guy who will treat them right, but 99% of the keep making the same mistakes. For some reason they don't learn, and keep choosing the aggressive and controlling types.

Such is life.

ReputationRep:
    Girls like sweetness, they are not atrracted to sweetness. They are attracted to people who know a bit more about the world than them, make them feel like they're looking at something bigger than themselves. If you start idlozing a girl, you are instantly screwed.

ReputationRep:
    how do you break out of the friend zone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    how do you break out of the friend zone?

I would attach a link, but it won't work. You need to go to www. encyclopedia dramatica .com and type in 'friend zone'.

ReputationRep:
    coming from a girls point of view,
    yeaa some do some dont,
    most girls do like sweet ones,
    depends how you meen by sweet tho ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Girls like sweetness, they are not atrracted to sweetness. They are attracted to people who know a bit more about the world than them, make them feel like they're looking at something bigger than themselves. If you start idlozing a girl, you are instantly screwed.
    YES THIS

ReputationRep:
    Women despise nice guys. women want MEN. if you're going to be a sweet little kiss-ass, LIKE ONE OF HER GIRLFRIEND, then why should she want to date you?

The trick is be cool, be confident, be funny, always find a reason to make fun of her and don't put up with any of her crap (and trust me, 99% of her whining and problems and all that jazz, is CRAP - attention-seeking crap)

Trust me man, I had to learn this the hard way: I was hopelessly in love with some girl who took full advantage of this and basically made me her b*tch. I've grown up a lot since then

ReputationRep:
    Aww you're so cute! I love sweet guys but I'm afraid that sweet guys are always the ones who get screwed over. Girls always say that they love sweet guys but then they mess them around because they know that they will always come back.
    This is only the case for some girls though. Find yourself a nice, sweet girl who will love and respect you. Not a rebellious, sexy girl. x

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if you are a sweet guy. You need to give the girl signs of interest, like eye contact, touching, leaning in, etc. Your problem is that you are acting like a friend toward the girls you get a crush on.

I know many sweet guys who successfully date girls. Anyway, it's you attitude that makes you a sweet guy. Not your look.

ReputationRep:
    sweet guys are adorable, but there needs to be some balance between that and masculinity...

ReputationRep:
    Girls want a guy who is a **** to everyone but is sweet to them. Not just a guy who is sweet all the time.

ReputationRep:
    what you have to remember is that when a woman says something to you, what she actually means is the complete opposite. So when she says she likes sweet, polite guys what she actually means is that she's a bit of a whore and will only go with people who treat women like **** and cheat on them. am I right or am I right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    what you have to remember is that when a woman says something to you, what she actually means is the complete opposite. So when she says she likes sweet, polite guys what she actually means is that she's a bit of a whore and will only go with people who treat women like **** and cheat on them. am I right or am I right?
    LOL not me personally, ...but maybe some girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UrbanPixie)
    LOL not me personally, ...but maybe some girls.
    what this actually means is yes I do that, as do all girls.

No seriously though, 'some' do give that impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    Sweet does not equal falling in love with a girl without ever asking her out on a date. That equals pathetic and cowardly. You don't have to be a bad ass to get girls. But there is no use saying i'm a nice guy and I can't get girls if you never ask any out.
    This. That's not sweet, it's mildly obsessive and very creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Women like a combination of sweetness and raw masculinity.

You need to be sweet enough so that she can introduce you to her parents (assuming that she is 20+. Teenage girls tend to like the 'rude bois' and 'piece of **** low-life' types before they realise that they cannot change them), but also manly enough that she will feel you can protect her. If your a total wuss, she will feel unsafe and thus unattracted to you. From experience, most women are very nervous and vulnerable, and like to feel protected.

Also, you need to be manly in the sexual sense. Most women, especially very feminine ones, love to be dominated in bed. If you take control, she will be putty in your hands (unless she's a Feminist, sado-masochistic man-hater type, in which case RUN FOR THE HILLS).

Also, don't try to intellectualise and analyse everything too much. Strike straight away and keep the relationship on a sexual/intimate level. Don't try to be her best friend straight away because if you do, she will consider you "like a brother" and you'll be out of the running forever.

And finally, be aloof and mysterious. Make romantic gestures, and always try to seem deep and intellectual. Chicks love a guy with smarts (plenty of those here!).

That's my 2 cents, now get off this forum and put on your pimp hat w/ matching cane.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.