Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    what this actually means is yes I do that, as do all girls.

No seriously though, 'some' do give that impression.
    no, i didn't mean that at all.

yeah i see what you mean, but no, i mean what i say. there are girls like that, i'm just not one of them...

ReputationRep:
    Sweet guys are easier to love and have a relationship with than the ones who are too masculine and seem to have an ego the size of Russia. If he had the personality i would definately choose a sweet guy. And from personal observations, sweet romantic guys seem to have longer, more successful relationships in my area anyway.

The problem is like many have said - you can get taken advantage of. There was a guy I knew and the girl he dated used him then ripped his heart out.
    If you like her, then bite the bullet and try to win her heart. Be romantic, play your strengths.
    But obviously wait until she is single again. If she doesn't feel the same way, dont worry as there are lots of women who would fall for you.

ReputationRep:
    Nah man. You gotta be radical, extreme, you gotta be baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Girls dig that sheet.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys can still get the girls, just be a nice guy with an edge.

ReputationRep:
    Be a Francois. Hope somebody gets this reference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    Be a Francois. Hope somebody gets this reference...
    YES lol LD is a ******* legend! :ahee:

Curb Your Enthusiasm = comedy gold of the highest carat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UrbanPixie)
    LOL not me personally, ...but maybe some girls.
    Same here. I get tired of girls who say the opposite of what they mean. I feel so bad for the guys.

@OP I personally like guys who are sweet but still have a backbone. Just so long as you are decisive at times, sweet is key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippopothomas)
    Nice guys can still get the girls, just be a nice guy with an edge.
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    Ladies like a balanced guy with intelligence, masculinity, confidence and sweetness. For some people this takes a lot of work.

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to be overtly offensive but people whom self describe as kind , nice and sweet tend to be using positive words to cover the fact they are socially undeveloped and in all likelihood a bit of a push over.

ReputationRep:
    I actually am attracted to 'sweetness' HOWEVER. Some guys think they're sweet when they're actually overly tactile and creepy....that might be your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Girls like sweetness, they are not atrracted to sweetness. They are attracted to people who know a bit more about the world than them, make them feel like they're looking at something bigger than themselves. If you start idlozing a girl, you are instantly screwed.
    This is true, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I like sweet guys but it can't define them. They've got to have something else about them that creates intrigue or mystery or some sex appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Girls like cocks. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    Women like a combination of sweetness and raw masculinity.

You need to be sweet enough so that she can introduce you to her parents (assuming that she is 20+. Teenage girls tend to like the 'rude bois' and 'piece of **** low-life' types before they realise that they cannot change them), but also manly enough that she will feel you can protect her. If your a total wuss, she will feel unsafe and thus unattracted to you. From experience, most women are very nervous and vulnerable, and like to feel protected.

Also, you need to be manly in the sexual sense. Most women, especially very feminine ones, love to be dominated in bed. If you take control, she will be putty in your hands (unless she's a Feminist, sado-masochistic man-hater type, in which case RUN FOR THE HILLS).

Also, don't try to intellectualise and analyse everything too much. Strike straight away and keep the relationship on a sexual/intimate level. Don't try to be her best friend straight away because if you do, she will consider you "like a brother" and you'll be out of the running forever.

And finally, be aloof and mysterious. Make romantic gestures, and always try to seem deep and intellectual. Chicks love a guy with smarts (plenty of those here!).

That's my 2 cents, now get off this forum and put on your pimp hat w/ matching cane.
    This amigo is correct

ReputationRep:
    The majority of girls say they do, simply because they don't want to come across in a bad way.
    The truth is most 'sweet' guys don't have it going good for themselves. Become a jackass dude, they love it :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.
    I know that 12 year olds in estates try to make out that sex and relationships are a big deal, but thats because they want to be like their grandmothers and have 4 children before they are 14, because they think it makes you more mature. And besides that is what all their mates are doing also and they want to fit in.

I've never had a girlfriend and don't want one. If someone nice came along then maybe but to be honest my experiences tell me that people just want to hurt you (autistic - so could have slightly different experiences).

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to far the other way like people are suggesting though, I'm an absolute **** and it gets me nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    The majority of girls say they do, simply because they don't want to come across in a bad way.
    The truth is most 'sweet' guys don't have it going good for themselves.
    So not true!

ReputationRep:
    There's being sweet and then there's being cowardly. Sweetness is good when you're actually dating someone (although not too much else the girl might wonder about your orientation) but beforehand? It'll just get you friend-zoned. I've seen it happen so many times to male friends.
    My advice? Man up a little. Don't watch a girl from the sidelines daydreaming about kissing her. Kick your male instincts into gear and do it. Maybe grabbing her, throwing her onto a table and sucking her face isn't the best idea but tell her you like her. Not love though. Don't say love. That tends to worry us - if she really doesn't like you, saying you love her is actually kind of terrifying as some girls don't want to break guys' hearts. Mind you, she just might. Depends on what kind of girl she is in the end.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.