Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    Agreed!
    Well if you’re going to agree with me I’ll need to reconsider my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls will say they want nice guys, but in reality, 99% of those will prefer to be going out with jerks. You do however get the few girls who do actually like being treated nice etc. Glad my gf is one of those few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addymark)
    Hello Friends.
    Recently, I have noticed that I hopelessly fall in love. I can never tell when or if a girl likes me. This is really hard.I found a girl who is very sweet to me. She tells me that I am the sweetest guy she has ever met and that she loves me. She also has a boyfriend. She talks to him about me and things like that.I really do think I like her.What do you think I should do?
    Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?
    So she tells you that you are sweet but has a boyfriend. Forget her sweet words my friend because they don't mean anything!!
    Such girls are heart-breakers. They enjoy getting attention. If you tell her one day that you have feelings for her, she will say she isn't interested and dump you, without caring about your feelings.

Too much of anything is not good. Be nice to girls, but not too nice. And be tough to them, but not too tough :cool: ...

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself mate, dont try and act something your not - they'll be another girl for you if this one doesnt work for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    That was then, this is now :p:
    Funny, sounds like Foreigner's song: "That was yesterday...but today life goes on..."
    A good proof that what girls say and what they think doesn't match anyways :shoot: .

:boxing:

(Original post by HighestKungFu)
    Women like a combination of sweetness and raw masculinity.

You need to be sweet enough so that she can introduce you to her parents (assuming that she is 20+. Teenage girls tend to like the 'rude bois' and 'piece of **** low-life' types before they realise that they cannot change them), but also manly enough that she will feel you can protect her. If your a total wuss, she will feel unsafe and thus unattracted to you. From experience, most women are very nervous and vulnerable, and like to feel protected.

Also, you need to be manly in the sexual sense. Most women, especially very feminine ones, love to be dominated in bed. If you take control, she will be putty in your hands (unless she's a Feminist, sado-masochistic man-hater type, in which case RUN FOR THE HILLS).

Also, don't try to intellectualise and analyse everything too much. Strike straight away and keep the relationship on a sexual/intimate level. Don't try to be her best friend straight away because if you do, she will consider you "like a brother" and you'll be out of the running forever.

And finally, be aloof and mysterious. Make romantic gestures, and always try to seem deep and intellectual. Chicks love a guy with smarts (plenty of those here!).

That's my 2 cents, now get off this forum and put on your pimp hat w/ matching cane.
    Ha ha ha :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I LOOOOVE SWEET GUYS!!!! we do exist, just don't over do it lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jammy_Witch)
    It's not strictly true that all straight women love *******s. But it IS true that all straight women love men who act like men.

THIS MEANS

having manly traits, like assertiveness, taking-no-**** from people, confidence (though that's true for both sexes), pro-activeness, protectiveness and humour.
    **** me, all this time i've been looking for girls with these traits - turns out i'm just gay :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Or you prefer women who are in touch with their masculine sides.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else or any other guy rather just saddened that to appear attractive to girls we have to be confident and funny and this and that (typically). Yet with GENUINE guys it's not abuot that at all. So long as they're not masculine or have an off putting personality then I think most men would agree with me that we accept who she is but don't bracket attractiveness in bubbles of is she confident, funny etc. I feel pressure to impress because of this, rather than just feeling like things will happen if I just be myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm hopeless, I get friend zoned all the time. In fact I've never known of any girl to actually be attracted to me in anyway but get told by girls I'm sweet. :'(
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    you have no chance mate! nice guys are there for a shoulder to cry on when her badboy bf dumps her! harsh reality buts its true! im not saying be a bad boy but have more charm and cheekiness, ull prob see and increase in female attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addymark)
    Hello Friends.
    Recently, I have noticed that I hopelessly fall in love. I can never tell when or if a girl likes me. This is really hard.I found a girl who is very sweet to me. She tells me that I am the sweetest guy she has ever met and that she loves me. She also has a boyfriend. She talks to him about me and things like that.I really do think I like her.What do you think I should do?
    Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?

has she always had a bf or was there a time when you were both single and you liked her? if so why didnt you make a move? (in a non despirate/ sleezy way or course)

to answer your question, yes we like sweet guys
    we however do not like creepy, stalker like, overly cliggy or obsessive.

however the "sweet" guys do not tend to make the move, normally i find the arrogant, despirate or sleezy types do

well at least that is in my experience

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.