Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feelings for a freind that won't go away Watch

ReputationRep:
    I known for over a year that i've got feelings for a girl at work, she is nearly 32 and i'm 22. Last April she split with her husband and we have become quite close. We had nights in the pub, gone to rugby, have been invited to her sisters BBQ's, she was always giving me lifts from work and had meals out. She has always been quite flirty and bantery with me. It gone around at work that id had a couple of one nights stands and she had a bit of a go at me. I think then she guessed about a month ago that i have feelings for her. She then pulled me aside and said that we will only ever be friends. Since that all the flirtly banter has stopped, the lifts have stopped(Not that I expect her to) and she has been quite cold towards me. Day by day my feelings have got stronger and stronger and its breaking my heart, I thinking about getting another job because I see her to much. The most important thing though is having my best friend back

ReputationRep:
    if you didn't contribute to the rumours etc, then just tell her that you know the rumours hurt her, and they did you also, but you don't want your friendship to change over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    if you didn't contribute to the rumours etc, then just tell her that you know the rumours hurt her, and they did you also, but you don't want your friendship to change over it.
    Why would it hurt if I had a one night and she doesn't have feelings for me. I think the reasons it has changed is because she has realised my feelings for her.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Why would it hurt if I had a one night and she doesn't have feelings for me. I think the reasons it has changed is because she has realised my feelings for her.
    you have misunderstood me, read what I said before again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.