Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Straight but attracted to mate watch

ReputationRep:
    I need a bit of advice.

I'm 24 and I've always been attracted to the girls.

Recently while staying at a mates house for the weekend, he's 22, I happened to see him in just a pair of white briefs.

Ever since, I haven't been able to get the image of him out of my head. I've never really seen a lad wearing briefs before, its always boxers, I admit that in some form or other it was a turn on seeing him and thinking about it afterwards.

I don't fancy my mate in any form, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

What can this mean?

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    This is really strangely like another thread recently in which a straight guy changed in front of his friend and his friend said he couldn't stop thinking about it.

I can't offer much advice other than "don't worry about it"; you don't need to label yourself, just go with the flow. Many people think sexuality is a spectrum anyway.

In before lots of homophobic narrow-minded guys go, "you're gay."

ReputationRep:
    It could just be a particular image that's triggered a response with you. People have fantasies about all sorts of things (e.g multiple partners/lack of control in a sexual scenario/ inappropriate persons/ cartoon characters). Having a fantasy doesn't necessarily mean you want all that comes with the reality. Lots of people have same sex crushes without ever wanting/needing to take it further.

On the other hand it could be that you've started to be interested in guys, or even just one particular guy. There's an old saying that sexuality is a bit like a football match: you've got someone in goal at either end, and everyone else is somewhere in between. Sexual labels exist as shorthand to help other people understand you. Don't feel that you have to conform to them if you're mind/body/hormones are telling you otherwise.

Given that you've said there's no attraction it's probably just a fantasy image. If it doesn't develop any further just enjoy it as it stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    In before lots of homophobic narrow-minded guys go, "you're gay."
    Narrow-minded yes, but homophobic? Come off it.

ReputationRep:
    you say it's the first time you've seen another guy like that - no stop worrying. And even if you turn out bi, so what?!

ReputationRep:
    I see you've just joined, you only have one post, and you're copying another thread in a different POV...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig6000)
    I need a bit of advice.

I'm 24 and I've always been attracted to the girls.

Recently while staying at a mates house for the weekend, he's 22, I happened to see him in just a pair of white briefs.

Ever since, I haven't been able to get the image of him out of my head. I've never really seen a lad wearing briefs before, its always boxers, I admit that in some form or other it was a turn on seeing him and thinking about it afterwards.

I don't fancy my mate in any form, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

What can this mean?

Any advice?
    No-one is entirely "straight", neither are they entirely "gay". :dontknow: Just admit it, you were turned on by a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    This is really strangely like another thread recently in which a straight guy changed in front of his friend and his friend said he couldn't stop thinking about it.
    That's what I was thinking :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Hilarious how troll hasn't already been called.. I guess most people reading this haven't read the story from the other mate's perspective..

ReputationRep:
    *open thread*

*see the OP is a guy*

*close thread*

I know I'm not the only one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.