Turn on thread page Beta

A not so interesting fact about February 2010 watch

ReputationRep:

I just received a chain email containing this image but either I'm going mad or it's a load of ********

Surely any month which has 28 days must have 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays etc. Why every 11 years? Maybe there is something special which happens every 11 years but the image maker made a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    Meh. It had my birthday in, that does it for meeee

ReputationRep:
    Feb has exactly 4 weeks, 28 days, so this happens every year,
    BUT, it started on a monday this year, so it's four exact weeks

ReputationRep:
    That is so amazing! Thanks for posting this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    That is so amazing! Thanks for posting this!
    You're welcome. Have a great day.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, my dad emailed me this! I think it's rather cool too :cool:

ReputationRep:
    phew, i can sleep at night now!!

ReputationRep:
    An astonishing fact. I leave the house today secure in the knowledge that today, this day of all days, is truly the second Thursday of four this February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0-))
    You're welcome. Have a great day.
    Thanks! It is actually 5am here, so I'm headin ta bed! A little slap happy, as well. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    An astonishing fact. I leave the house today secure in the knowledge that today, this day of all days, is truly the second Thursday of four this February.
    hahaha :-D. And without a hint of sarcasm!

ReputationRep:
    This makes me so happy that I want to cry

ReputationRep:
    This will be making it's way into my dissertation this afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Feb has exactly 4 weeks, 28 days, so this happens every year,
    BUT, it started on a monday this year, so it's four exact weeks
    No. Weeks begin on a Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ever so much for this astonishing knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Every month has four of every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    No. Weeks begin on a Sunday.
    Where I worked before used the policy that weeks ran Sunday-Saturday. I never get that; nothing happens on a Sunday, how can it be the start of anything?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    Where I worked before used the policy that weeks ran Sunday-Saturday. I never get that; nothing happens on a Sunday, how can it be the start of anything?!
    If you want to know:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Many will tell you that the week starts on Monday, and it says so in the Bible, because the world was made in 6 days and God rested on the Sabbath. Actually, it says in the Bible that it starts on a Sunday. What people forget is that the Bible was written in Jewish terms, and their Sabbath is Saturday. Jesus was a Jew, as were all his disciples and those that wrote the Bible.

The Old Testament is where the mention of the 6 days and resting on the Sabbath comes from. Move onto the New Testament, to the Crucifixion. We are told that Good Friday was the day of preparation which is "the day before the Sabbath." We are also told that Christ was taken down from the cross and laid in the tomb on Good Friday because they didn't want his body on the cross on the Sabbath.

Did you ever wonder why didn't Christ rise on the Saturday instead of waiting until the Sunday? Simple, he stayed in the tomb on Saturday, because it was the day of rest: the Sabbath. We are also told that the women came to the tomb on the morning of the first day of the week, which was of course Sunday morning - and Christians still celebrate Easter on Sunday. Christians moved the Sabbath to Sunday in commemoration of the Resurrection, but the Jewish Sabbath is still on Saturday, the seventh day. So if anyone tells you that Sunday is the Seventh Day and it says so in the Bible - you can now explain to them that it actually says it is on Saturday.

Our weekend has two free days, because we use both the Jewish and Christian Sabbaths as rest days, and the week ends right in the middle of it. Monday is the start of the working week, but Sunday is the first day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Weeks begin on Monday. Being as I'm atheist, I couldn't give a **** what the bible or any other religious text says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by common_person)
    Every month has four of every day.
    Not true, next month there will be 5x Mon-Wed and 4x Thu-Sun.

Unless it's a leap year, Feb will always have 4 of each day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    I hear that!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.