The Student Room Group

The online friend

So I have an online friend of the opposite sex, we're close and we tell each other things. But she doesn't want to meet-well she keeps saying that she does but she doesn't know when, and that she's scared (an excuse imo)

I want to meet her but don't want to pressure her. And it looks as though it won't happen now, so I think she wants to stick with just being cyber friends. I wan't the friendship to progress as it's been over a year and we've not so much as talked on the phone. I offered to buy to send her a present or even a card for her forthcoming b'day and she brushed me off. I just can't maintain a friendship with someone over the internet if there's no tangible evidence of it.

But at the same time I like her lots and I'm really fond of her and I don't want to stop talking to her after so long and not having met.

Am I wasting my time and should I give up, or do I pursue it in the hope that she does meet me one day? Or is she just leading me on?

It's confusing,
She's a boring waste of time. And no, she isn't leading you on. Talk to someone in real life or chat to other people else online. Don't get emotionally attracted to these people either. Big time bad times for you if you do.
She isn't leading you on if she's telling you exactly what she's thinking about it. If she doesn't want to meet, she doesn't want to, don't keep pestering; I'm kind of in this situ but as the girl, and this bloke will NOT stop asking to meet me and it's just annoying and slightly desperate.

She obviously just wants to talk to you online, just leave it as that and move on.
Reply 3
She's not leading you on, as you suggested she just wants to be cyber friends. If you've maintained a relationship like this for a year why can't you now? In one sense she's trying not to lead you on as she didn't want you to send her anything however, she shouldn't make you believe there's a possibility you'll meet one day as I really don't think she ever intends to.
Ditto to what the others had said.
I don't mind talking to people online... but meeting up with them is a bit scary.. for a start you never know if they are pretending to be someone else (not that I'm saying you are, you just gotta be careful.) and it might be really awkward.
I said I don't want to meet up because I am scared and not sure when will be a good time. You could have talked to me about this instead of telling the world on this poxy site. I'm not sure if I want to meet you now. Goodbye.
Reply 6
Anonymous
I said I don't want to meet up because I am scared and not sure when will be a good time. You could have talked to me about this instead of telling the world on this poxy site. I'm not sure if I want to meet you now. Goodbye.

Ahahahaha :rofl:
Anonymous

:rofl: LOL!
let it occurr naturally
you'll meet at some point
dont force into meeting it wil just go rubbish

talking online occasionally is:
more fun, less awkward etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending