Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any other big strapping bloke frightened of the dentist? A few months back my dentist said I need a filling replaced while having a checkup. Been putting this appointment off for months. So far, my car battery has died,work has changed my shifts, needed to see my tutor at uni and I have pulled a muscle. Iam kind of out of excuses now and have an appointment on monday.

I don't like the dentist because, the stuff they numb you with never gets me numb. And often she has too give me a second jab and I hate that drill. The only good thing is the filling has worn down so much now hopefully she won't have to drill much out but I am expecting an awful time, And the other thing is I hate having a fit female dentist because I'd rather be a baby with a bloke.

Also while she is very nice, the nurses seem to have had a personality transplant and are miserable cows. I overheard them ,after this woman came in to book an appointment, start saying how she was mutton dressed as lamb ,fat,a **** etc. Everyone in the waiting room heard. And sometimes when a patient phones in,if they recognise the name they **** them off. It's great....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Any other big strapping bloke frightened of the dentist?
    Not afraid of the dentist as such, but his incompetance does give me the squits.

Last time that i went for a filling her numbed one part of my gum, but didn't actually manage to numb the nerves in the tooth he was drilling into........... it hurt

And i've not been back since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    Not afraid of the dentist as such, but his incompetance does give me the squits.

Last time that i went for a filling her numbed one part of my gum, but didn't actually manage to numb the nerves in the tooth he was drilling into........... it hurt

And i've not been back since
    It puts you off don't it.My dentists sister is also at this practice... and she is crap. I was on her list first and she seriously bodged up a filling which meant I couldn't eat on one side all weekend. I had to go back monday and have it sorted out, and saw her sister and was put on her list instead. It took two appointments to sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    It puts you off don't it.My dentists sister is also at this practice... and she is crap. I was on her list first and she seriously bodged up a filling which meant I couldn't eat on one side all weekend. I had to go back monday and have it sorted out, and saw her sister and was put on her list instead. It took two appointments to sort it out.
    Yeah.., I never really had a problem with the dentists before that experience - sure fillings were a little uncomfortable, but i didn't mind too much.

ReputationRep:
    We're evil sods, aren't we? It's up to you if you want to have the filling replaced or go back in 6 months with severe toothache. It's only going to get worse, really.

Sounds harsh but it's true, lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.