Turn on thread page Beta

Seeing someone, he wants sex- not on pill and unsure watch

Anon or delete please

I met this boy a couple of weeks ago. We talk everyday and i like him. He has said he has a high sex drive although he also said he wants me as his gf.

I want to be with him too but im not as sexually experienced as he is. He wants to have sex this weekend if i want to too. I want to but then my friend said i was stupid, it was too soon and im not on the pill so its too risky. Im not stupid and would of course use condoms but am i taking too big a risk? Also do people think its too soon or that maybe he only is in it for the sex? Im so confused and have a problem trusting people after being cheated on in my last relationship.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    If you have problems trusting someone, then perhaps 2 weeks after meeting someone is a bit too soon. Why rush it? If you need to wait, then wait. What's the harm in waiting for a bit to build up some level of trust....

As long as you're careful with the condoms you should be fine - even if you had one break it's fairly obvious and the morning-after pill is easy enough to get...

I struggle trusting everyone, its something i need to sort out but isnt specific to this. What im worried about is him wanting me just for sex when i want a proper relationship. He says he wants both but i dont know

ReputationRep:
    Then give it time to get to know him, spend time together, do things, chat, learn about each other's lives. It's not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not 100% happy with sleeping with him then don't do it - if he's halfway decent he won't even ask why, and just accept that you don't want to, and won't judge you for it. If he does get offended, then perhaps you ought to think more carefully about where a relationship would go.

He sounds like he's just in it for the sex. And if he is in it for the relationship too, then he'll be willing to wait until you are ready or happy that you are in a proper relationship (remember you only met a few weeks ago!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you want to have sex with him, you can... but this doesn't look like a relationship that will last yet, never mind be monogamous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    this doesn't look like a relationship that will last yet, never mind be monogamous.
    Some guys have high sex drives. Don't discriminate them just for the way they are.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Some guys have high sex drives.
    Mmm, I know, being one.

Don't discriminate them just for the way they are.
    'Hello, I have known you for two weeks, I want to **** you, I will call you my girlf'.

Where's the commitment she is after?

She's not sure. He won't die if he waits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What im worried about is him wanting me just for sex
    From what you;ve said, this sounds a distinct possibility. I would stick to your guns, keep looking for what you really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    'Hello, I have known you for two weeks, I want to **** you, I will call you my girlf'.

Where's the commitment she is after?

She's not sure. He won't die if he waits.
    He said he "wants sex if [she] wants to too".

So far all I've seen is a guy with a high sex drive being honest but unselfish, and the girl(friend) just worrying because he is open about having a high sex drive (which most guys have, "high" in the eyes of a girl anyway) and nervous because she's still fairly new to it.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, if you're not totally sure about sex, don't have sex. It only messes you up. It's just the way girls are built. That's the main point to take away.

Secondly, I think he's just planning on using you. Most of the people who say otherwise on here are guys who do it themselves. They're not going to speak ill of their own trade are they?

I imagine deep down you know what to do, and at the same time that you'll probably sleep with him anyway and come to regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    I think he's just planning on using you. Most of the people who say otherwise on here are guys who do it themselves. They're not going to speak ill of their own trade are they?
    That's nice logic: "Anyone who disagrees with my mystic personality reading is likely a cheating, lying scumbag".

ReputationRep:
    That's nice logic: "Anyone who disagrees with my mystic personality reading is likely a cheating, lying scumbag".
    What I wrote looks nothing like what you attributed to me, so I can't have said what you said I said.

That's nice logic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.