The Student Room Group

ICAP Summer Internship 2010 Thread

Hey!

I thought I would start a thread for anyone who has received any offers from ICAP for their Summer Internship program.

I received an offer for Voice Broking this Tuesday and it would be great to hear from anyone I would be working with this summer! Anyone who has done the internship or worked at ICAP, it would be great to hear some stories from you.

I have also created a Facebook group,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=304786042566

Thanks,
Ben

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know how many they are hiring this year?
Reply 2
Inflation
Do you know how many they are hiring this year?

Probably similar to last summer, around 15.
Reply 3
The woman at HR said there will be 15 Summer Interns this year.
Reply 4
How many year placements? Anyone know?
Reply 5
Damarus
How many year placements? Anyone know?

Last summer? One in broking, couple in Finance, one in Risk.
Reply 6
One? I've certainly got my work cut out for me.
Reply 7
Damarus
One? I've certainly got my work cut out for me.

are you doing a placement year?
Reply 8
Yes.
Reply 9
Damarus
Yes.

voice broker? or back office role?
Reply 10
Broker. If I don't get a FO placement I'm taking a Masters. I would never work in the back office.
Reply 11
Damarus
Broker. If I don't get a FO placement I'm taking a Masters. I would never work in the back office.

Nice! Voice Broker placement year, probably one of the most interestng roles out there.

What is the pay like?
Reply 12
I don't have an offer or anything yet. Still waiting on a decision from the AC. Think I may have messed up the final interview :x
Reply 13
Damarus
I don't have an offer or anything yet. Still waiting on a decision from the AC. Think I may have messed up the final interview :x

Good luck mate. :smile:
Has anyone been put on hold after a summer internship voice broking AC. I know some ppl got rejections and other got offers, straight away. I wonder if it is positive to be on hold and if they are going to organise a final round. Any ideas?
Reply 15
Yeh im on hold after ac aswel and have been a while...loggins do you know what this means? how long were you put on hold before you offer originally last year?

Also i dont know anyone who has an offer yet how many do you guys know?
they have given on grad offer out to benhiggs this year, the only intern and grad offer, there is a final rounds soon
Reply 17
razzab
Yeh im on hold after ac aswel and have been a while...loggins do you know what this means? how long were you put on hold before you offer originally last year?

Also i dont know anyone who has an offer yet how many do you guys know?

Had to wait many weeks after AC to get an interview invite. After final round it only took 6 days for an offer.
loggins
Had to wait many weeks after AC to get an interview invite. After final round it only took 6 days for an offer.

What programme were you on, the summer internship or the placement? What are you doing/looking to do moving forward regarding future experience/grad schemes? I have just accepted my placement offer and would be keen to hear from someone who has already gained the experience I hopefully will. PM me your reply if you want mate.
Reply 19
Shameless self bump, I know...

Has anyone else out there received an offer? Would be great to get in touch with anyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending