Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Im Diksha and basically I will be applying to Uni for 2011 entry but I am preparing my interview now.
    How would you answer these 2 questions?? Thank you so much

What do you think you will like most about medicine?

What do you think you will like least about medicine?

ReputationRep:
    You want me to tell you what you think you'll like most and least?

You're 8 months away from applying. I suggest you use the time to think.

ReputationRep:
    It is far too early to begin preparation for interviews. Maybe contemplate getting some books if you're feeling keen but yeah, it's really early. Also, the questions are for you to answer, and no one else, so there's no point really posting on a forum to try and find the 'right' answer - because that's for you to give.

ReputationRep:
    I really wonder whether these people are actually being serious...

ReputationRep:
    Personally the thing I like least is uni admin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Your Future Doctor)
    Hello! Im Diksha and basically I will be applying to Uni for 2011 entry but I am preparing my interview now.

I appreciate the sentiments, but for someone called "Your Future Doctor" you should...well...at least BE in medical school

ReputationRep:
    Preparing for an interview that you haven't got? Maybe relax a little and focus on the school work. It is a common mistake to take your eye off the ball at this critical time.

Good Luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone.
    It's just that my school puts everyone under sooo much pressure and I am kinda confused

Thank you anyways

ReputationRep:
    If you can, get this book http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/...view-book.aspx

It helps. A lot.

Anyway your interview is far away and there are more important things to worry about like A levels, UKCAT and work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    It is far too early to begin preparation for interviews. Maybe contemplate getting some books if you're feeling keen but yeah, it's really early. Also, the questions are for you to answer, and no one else, so there's no point really posting on a forum to try and find the 'right' answer - because that's for you to give.
    yuup exactly! You're better off using this time now to get work experience and get extra curricular done.

ReputationRep:
    No point preparing for an interview that you won't get if you... a) screw up your AS exams (and hence your A2 predictions)... b) don't have much work experience... and c) write a rubbish personal statement. Nothing wrong with some forward planning and preparation and always keep an eye on the end goal, but take it one step at a time and concentrate on the things that really matter at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Read some books. They don't even have to be about medical interviews. Heck, not even about medicine!

ReputationRep:
    Concentrate on your AS exams for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Your Future Doctor)

It's obvious isn't it?

The thing you'll like most is that you can tell everyone your a doctor at parties and the thing you'll hate most is that you'll be called to check the consistency of poop just after your date for the night penetrates you.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    It's obvious isn't it?

The thing you'll like most is that you can tell everyone your a doctor at parties and the thing you'll hate most is that you'll be called to check the consistency of poop just after your date for the night penetrates you.

Simples.
    Surely the thing you'll like least is that you're no longer able to wear a white coat. They really get the ladies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Surely the thing you'll like least is that you're no longer able to wear a white coat. They really get the ladies.
    There's no rule preventing us from wearing them outside of hospitals is there?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.