Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not death-bed ill, just got a bad cold/hoarse throat which I hoped would be better by now but has got worse. I'm really annoyed as I had to miss my last week at college before half term including target setting today, and I had things I wanted to do next week (funny actually, I only seem to get ill over the holidays :P)

I can't really focus all that well on work/reading (though give me some credit as yesturday I spent an hour finishing a 1000 word essay for english lang). Am I justified in just lazing around watching tv/playing video games til I get better?

ReputationRep:
    I watched the entire of season 1 of Star Trek:TNG when I was last ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I watched the entire of season 1 of Star Trek:TNG when I was last ill.
    I would totally love to do that, but I have'nt got the entire season of Star Trek:TNG (virgin 1 seems to be showing more of voyager at the moment :meh:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad Clown)
    I would totally love to do that, but I have'nt got the entire season of Star Trek:TNG (virgin 1 seems to be showing more of voyager at the moment :meh:)
    Oh, I know! :yep: I've enjoyed that too!

ReputationRep:
    You should just chill out when your ill, it's a good excuse me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    I played Xbox all the time when i was ill, that and lie in a vegetative state.

ReputationRep:
    I just watched Tropic Thunder (it wasn't great) I too have a really bad sore throat but I'm hoping it's gone by tomorrow as I have plans.

What to do? Read? Watch a film? Listen to some music. This.

ReputationRep:
    I woke up with a stonking sore throat this morning. Tea, toast, and watching My Neighbour Totoro for the first time on FilmFour seems to have done the trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I woke up with a stonking sore throat this morning. Tea, toast, and watching My Neighbour Totoro for the first time on FilmFour seems to have done the trick.
    Nice, glad to hear it. I'm going crazy on the difflam spray (takes the edge off) and I'm about to make something to eat. Had pasta last night and made some jelly as well. Cereal and toast as well of couse.

ReputationRep:
    wrap up in heated blankets and go to sleep, sweat it all out.
    youll be fine by the time you ake up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.