Jealousy over pretty girls Watch

This discussion is closed.
Balloo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Corrrrrrrr... I'd wanna go to Leeds uni now if you're as pretty as you say you are
Well some people might not find me pretty. Its all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day
Balloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fleece)
Guys eh..
Tell me about it :rolleyes:
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rach1986)
Hi people, just wondered how many people would class themselves as a jealous kind of person? I'm asking because (sorry if this sounds really big- headed) but some girls seem to be rather jealous of me. I am told that i'm very pretty (other people's words!) and I get asked out a lot but this seems to create a lot of animosity between me and other girls. As a result, most of my friends are male. Girls just seem to be so nasty to me for no proper reason, even if they don't know me. For example, the other night I went clubbing, and was just minding my own business when a girl who had been giving me evils all night came up to me and said I looked like a **** (for the record I didn't, I was just wearing a mini skirt and others had commented on how nice I looked). I only had to walk past another girl and she asked me why I thought I was so good- I simply walked past the girl, its not like I was strutting around like a supermodel! I just get so fed up of the verbal abuse and dirty looks, whether its in a club or on the street. A lot of girls are automatically nasty to me until they realise that I'm not actually a ***** and I'm not going to try and get off with their boyfriend. So what I want to know is do any other girls have this problem?If so how do you deal with it? I realise that this seems really shallow, but i just hate the fact that girls don't really want to get to know me properly. I'm just worried that when I go to uni people will leave me out like they see to do at the moment. Plus, are any of you out there jealous people who do this kind of thing? Cos I just wondered why people felt the need to be so nasty for such a rubbish reason. Sorry for rambling on!
well if you're walking around in just a mini skirt no wonder you're getting some strange looks! :p:
Balloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by grace)
well if you're walking around in just a mini skirt no wonder you're getting some strange looks! :p:
Sorry, the wording wasn't very concise was it
<<ScatMan>>
Report 13 years ago
where are you from? cos even if you're good looking, if you have an awful accent most ppl will be put off
matrix99
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i cant really say any thing bcos boys dont do this sort of thing ,, but wot i can say is jus foget people like that, dont change who u r becos of wot people say , :ninja:
Balloo
Rep:
?
scatman why can't i see your post?
:confused:
Balloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by matrix99)
i cant really say any thing bcos boys dont do this sort of thing ,, but wot i can say is jus foget people like that, dont change who u r becos of wot people say , :ninja:
This is why most of my friends are boys
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not your 'fault' that you are pretty, nor is it a bad thing. It's like rich people get abused for being rich; they can't help it if they're born into a wealthy family. There are two girls I'm friendly with who are super pretty, like one looks like Beyoncé and the other like any supermodel, and they used to get the crap bullied out of them (especially by older girls) because of jealousy.

But at the end of the day, if you're nice enough and aren't actually big-headed (be aware that sometimes you can appear full of yourself, even if it's not intended), then you will eventually make more girly friends. I used to be more of a boys' girl myself, but now I have more female than male friends.

Just make more of an effort with girls - the type that seem to be *****y about you, aren't really the sort you want to be friends with anyway. But when you get to Uni they'll probably a less judgement because everybody is in the same nervous and apprehensive boat as you! That'll be your chance to really make the effort with girls and make some new female friends. Just be overtly friendly; smile, eye contact, body language etc.

Good Luck.
<<ScatMan>>
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rach1986)
scatman why can't i see your post?
:confused:
u cant see it??
Balloo
Rep:
?
Sorry people, I did warn you that I might sound big headed.
Seabiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah, im sure you're not rach... In some circles these girls are known as 'haters' or 'h8rs' now about that pic

By the way rach, how many of your boy friends have you had to 'brush off' because that's one of those positions I don't like being in...
Balloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Nah, im sure you're not rach... In some circles these girls are known as 'haters' or 'h8rs' now about that pic

By the way rach, how many of your boy friends have you had to 'brush off' because that's one of those positions I don't like being in...
I'll put a pic up on my profile as soon as I can do! Yes, I have been in that situation a couple of times, believe me, its not nice for the girl either! Especially when the guy doesn't get the message, it just strains the friendship!
Lirael Abhorsen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its in the nature of girls to feel insecure around ones they feel more attractive than them, it sounds like they're just being paranoid and are judging you very shallowly. however one of my friends sometimes has this problem and she tends to tone down her dress sense for some occasions around friends who feel insecure about their figures which seems to reduce resentment.
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it's normal to be jelous of your boyfriends ex right? =/
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, a little bit!
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shame, Im going to Leeds a year too late it seems.
Balloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
its in the nature of girls to feel insecure around ones they feel more attractive than them, it sounds like they're just being paranoid and are judging you very shallowly. however one of my friends sometimes has this problem and she tends to tone down her dress sense for some occasions around friends who feel insecure about their figures which seems to reduce resentment.
I do see what you mean here, about toning down my dress sense, but i just feel that its not me who has the problem, its the insecure girls. I just think 'why should i make myself less attractive to please other girls'. :confused:
Jenhallmark17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so too repeat this but i think you just made her feel insecure. which is her problem not yours so just ignore it. as it takes a bigger and better person to rise above it. x
Jenhallmark17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im a girl and i would be quite happy to be your friend, my best mate is stunning and it doesnt bother me one bit i mean it might piss me off if is she wasnt my friend as then i would never get any mans attention but im taken now so she can have them all anyway.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (58)
75.32%
Leave (19)
24.68%

Watched Threads