The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rachel, did you have a red gem before starting this thread? lol

And you haven't even proved that you're good-looking by showing us a photo which I find a huge shame.
Reply 61
SamTheMan
Rachel, did you have a red gem before starting this thread? lol

And you haven't even proved that you're good-looking by showing us a photo which I find a huge shame.

Yes, I had a red gem before, someone gave me neg rep in retaliation to me giving them neg rep. Which is just sad (but thats another story). Like I said, I will put a pic up as soon as. I'll just have to take one first!
the words "typical" and "man" come to mind...
Reply 63
rach1986
The only make- up I use is mascara, blusher and lip gloss, and that is used sparingly. No hairspray for me either! And my skirts aren't horribly short. Anyway, I get it when I'm in jeans and t shirt, its not just when I'm in a mini skirt. Girls don't have to be with their boyfreinds, they do it when its just groups of girls.

sorry i didnt mean you particulary, i meant those sorts of girls in general. i really hate tarty girls and i automatically look at them nastily.

i think you should post a pic. you can always remove it afterwards. perhaps we can tell you the problem.

maybe its cos you are shy? there's a girl at uni who is tall, quite pretty but shy and everyone thinks she's snobby cos she doesnt talk.but i guess that doesnt explain the folks in the club
missjelly
sorry i didnt mean you particulary, i meant those sorts of girls in general.

yeah THOSE girls. Such bitches! They're like talking like they're all great and **** but they don't know nothing. Bitches! I hate those skanks... strutting their skanky arses like they're so fit. Bitches!
Reply 65
missjelly
i dont mean to be nasty, but i think its extremely rare for girls to be JEALOUS. in fact, all girls love to be friends with pretty girls, the pretty ones tend to be the most popular.

I agree with this, though it depends on one's behaviour as well. Personality probably counts more than looks when you want people of the same sex to like you. You just have to take the initiative to befriend girls, help them and all that.
Reply 66
vivado
I agree with this, though it depends on one's behaviour as well. Personality probably counts more than looks when you want people of the same sex to like you. You just have to take the initiative to befriend girls, help them and all that.

I feel intimidated by good looking and intelligent people, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like that lol.
Reply 67
pic
Reply 68
I keep trying to put my picture in my profile, but it says my pictures are too big; the maximum is 100 by 100 pixels. How do I change them?
Reply 69
I'm a jealous person :eek:
I try not to be, but it's hard!
Reply 70
blissy

Well you're very pretty (i take it thats you in the picture) so you have no need to be! :smile:
Reply 71
And you don't look like the kind of girl who would call another girl a slag for no reason.
Reply 72
rach1986
I keep trying to put my picture in my profile, but it says my pictures are too big; the maximum is 100 by 100 pixels. How do I change them?

you can't ... but you can attach it to your post. scroll down to manage attachments and upload it as a jpg. Or upload it at www.imageshack.us and post a link
Reply 73
I'm not a jealous person, but I have a similar problem of guys trying to pull me when I have a boyfriend! The worst was the other day when I was too drunk to realise what a guy (a friend of my boyfriend!) was doing! Sometimes girls do give me funny looks, but I'm not particularly attractive, I don't bother looking after how I look apart from when I go out. I've had a girl pour a drink down my hair (when I had long hair extensions).

The best solution I find is to smile at them. A smile is non-threatening. I'm quite tall and confident, so being bigger than people is also quite useful. Also because I live in Liverpool I know how to appear aggressive without actually being aggressive, so it makes people not want to pick on you. The way to do that is to stand tall with your back straight, but relax your arms; if your arms are tense like you're ready to defend yourself it shows you're scared (this is according to my bouncer friend anyway). When talking to girls, if you have a boyfriend make sure you say how much you love him, then they won't perceive you as a threat, and only be jealous in a good way.
Reply 74
Lauren
I'm not a jealous person, but I have a similar problem of guys trying to pull me when I have a boyfriend! The worst was the other day when I was too drunk to realise what a guy (a friend of my boyfriend!) was doing! Sometimes girls do give me funny looks, but I'm not particularly attractive, I don't bother looking after how I look apart from when I go out. I've had a girl pour a drink down my hair (when I had long hair extensions).

The best solution I find is to smile at them. A smile is non-threatening. I'm quite tall and confident, so being bigger than people is also quite useful. Also because I live in Liverpool I know how to appear aggressive without actually being aggressive, so it makes people not want to pick on you. The way to do that is to stand tall with your back straight, but relax your arms; if your arms are tense like you're ready to defend yourself it shows you're scared (this is according to my bouncer friend anyway). When talking to girls, if you have a boyfriend make sure you say how much you love him, then they won't perceive you as a threat, and only be jealous in a good way.

You look attractive to me! :smile:
Reply 75
It's actually freaking me out how much you look like a girl who was a few years below me in my school, also called Lauren :-\
Reply 76
Fleece
It's actually freaking me out how much you look like a girl who was a few years below me in my school, also called Lauren :-\

Lol. In school I would have been in your year, so I don't think we're the same person!
Reply 77
Haha no, i figured you couldn't have been one and the same but it's still kinda freaky.
blissy

wel if thats you in the photo i have no idea why
Reply 79
Sorry about the bad photo. Bit can you all stop pestering me now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending