Turn on thread page Beta

Jealousy over pretty girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeh your hair looks good! Suits your face, if I had it done it would look awwwfulll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I didn't say that you do. I just said things like that are more important than looks. Immature guys your age just want to know what they can get out of the whole thing, not whether you're pretty.
    Believe me, they can't get anything out of me! Plus, its not just guys my age, some of them are men (who creep me out). Do men just want sex too? I've always wondered how a guy's attitude changes towards women and dating as he gets older.

ReputationRep:
    Whats this i missed the pic nnnnoooo
    RATS
    Can you post another,
    those who saw her what is she out of 10?
    After all that hype is she nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    <Snipped>
    The best solution I find is to smile at them. A smile is non-threatening. I'm quite tall and confident, so being bigger than people is also quite useful. Also because I live in Liverpool I know how to appear aggressive without actually being aggressive, so it makes people not want to pick on you. The way to do that is to stand tall with your back straight, but relax your arms; if your arms are tense like you're ready to defend yourself it shows you're scared (this is according to my bouncer friend anyway). When talking to girls, if you have a boyfriend make sure you say how much you love him, then they won't perceive you as a threat, and only be jealous in a good way.
    OT: But why do people equate Liverpudlians with aggression. I spent loads of time in Liverpool and have never encountered any aggression. Only warmth and hospitality. The only aggressive Liverpudlian I know is my father. (And even he was only aggressive to members of his own family). Stereotype alert: The further South you get, the more unwelcoming & cold people get (In my tres limited experience.)

Or did you mean assertive?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the pic. But it's all about 'subjectivity'. Opinion is not universal truth. One man's meat is another man's poison blah bla blah....

And some peeps look better animated than in repose.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    Musicboy has requested that his posts from last night in this thread be deleted as he was a little drunk and feels he may have been offensive.

Sorry if other people's posts got caught in the onslaught...

Ahhhh, that explains it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Musicboy has requested that his posts from last night in this thread be deleted as he was a little drunk and feels he may have been offensive.

Sorry if other people's posts got caught in the onslaught...
    But my second post had nowt to do with MB's post. I was pointing out that one man's meat is another man's poison. And that opinion is not universal truth. IN other words, one might not be conventionally attractive but might exude charisma or something and thus affect others' perceptions of them.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snake)
    Ahhhh, that explains it lol.
    <OT>Did your username used to be the same as my favourite European city?</OT>
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    But my second post had nowt to do with MB's post. I was pointing out that one man's meat is another man's poison. And that opinion is not universal truth. IN other words, one might not be conventionally attractive but might exude charisma or something and thus affect others' perceptions of them.

:confused:
    It was quoting a post that was referring to MBs posts which is why I deleted it - you're right though, what you posted stands on it's own so I've restored your post but deleted out the quoted post

(Original post by BellaCat)
    <OT>Did your username used to be the same as my favourite European city?</OT>
    The woman is wise...
    Decided i didn't want any association with a european capital username. Might turn me into a pedantic cheese bandit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It was quoting a post that was referring to MBs posts which is why I deleted it - you're right though, what you posted stands on it's own so I've restored your post but deleted out the quoted post
    Thank Mew, Queen of All the Pencils!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    me me me, I always get jealousof pretty girls, I'm jealous of one of my best mates, shes gorgeous and gets all the attention from guys. Thats why I dislike blondes, cos all blondes seem to be pretty. I guess I should say and it is selfish of me, that if you're pretty and female, then dont bother becoming mates with me.
    I think all girls get a little insecure of pretty girls, I know I do...

And as for all blondes being pretty...noo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Hi people, just wondered how many people would class themselves as a jealous kind of person? I'm asking because (sorry if this sounds really big- headed) but some girls seem to be rather jealous of me. I am told that i'm very pretty (other people's words!) and I get asked out a lot but this seems to create a lot of animosity between me and other girls. As a result, most of my friends are male. Girls just seem to be so nasty to me for no proper reason, even if they don't know me. For example, the other night I went clubbing, and was just minding my own business when a girl who had been giving me evils all night came up to me and said I looked like a **** (for the record I didn't, I was just wearing a mini skirt and others had commented on how nice I looked). I only had to walk past another girl and she asked me why I thought I was so good- I simply walked past the girl, its not like I was strutting around like a supermodel! I just get so fed up of the verbal abuse and dirty looks, whether its in a club or on the street. A lot of girls are automatically nasty to me until they realise that I'm not actually a ***** and I'm not going to try and get off with their boyfriend. So what I want to know is do any other girls have this problem?If so how do you deal with it? I realise that this seems really shallow, but i just hate the fact that girls don't really want to get to know me properly. I'm just worried that when I go to uni people will leave me out like they see to do at the moment. Plus, are any of you out there jealous people who do this kind of thing? Cos I just wondered why people felt the need to be so nasty for such a rubbish reason. Sorry for rambling on!
    Jesus.. Nothing like a bit of confidence in a girl ! So I take it you ain't no MOOSE then ?

ReputationRep:
    Most pretty girls I have known in the past have turned out to be arrogant little *****es to be honest. The less pretty ones tend to have a much nicer personality.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by rach1986
    Hi people, just wondered how many people would class themselves as a jealous kind of person? I'm asking because (sorry if this sounds really big- headed) but some girls seem to be rather jealous of me. I am told that i'm very pretty (other people's words!) and I get asked out a lot but this seems to create a lot of animosity between me and other girls. As a result, most of my friends are male. Girls just seem to be so nasty to me for no proper reason, even if they don't know me. For example, the other night I went clubbing, and was just minding my own business when a girl who had been giving me evils all night came up to me and said I looked like a **** (for the record I didn't, I was just wearing a mini skirt and others had commented on how nice I looked). I only had to walk past another girl and she asked me why I thought I was so good- I simply walked past the girl, its not like I was strutting around like a supermodel! I just get so fed up of the verbal abuse and dirty looks, whether its in a club or on the street. A lot of girls are automatically nasty to me until they realise that I'm not actually a ***** and I'm not going to try and get off with their boyfriend. So what I want to know is do any other girls have this problem?If so how do you deal with it? I realise that this seems really shallow, but i just hate the fact that girls don't really want to get to know me properly. I'm just worried that when I go to uni people will leave me out like they see to do at the moment. Plus, are any of you out there jealous people who do this kind of thing? Cos I just wondered why people felt the need to be so nasty for such a rubbish reason. Sorry for rambling on!

hi.i dont think ur arrogant.i wouldn't worry much abt the other girls.i find that girls dont tend to hate girls because they're pretty as such.it's usually because they looka certain way-all dyed blonde, tons of makeup for instance.girls hate girls who try to impress men to much too.if this is anything like you, this may be the reason you're disliked.anyway, don't think about it too much, just keep trying to be nice.do u have any friends who are girls?

ReputationRep:
    I only had the tolerance in me to read the first post, and I concluded that this is one of the funniest threads I've read.

Funny in a vulgar way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Believe me, they can't get anything out of me! Plus, its not just guys my age, some of them are men (who creep me out). Do men just want sex too? I've always wondered how a guy's attitude changes towards women and dating as he gets older.
    Firstly, regarding your initial post, although I can't claim to be in the same situation myself, my mother has often described her youth as being very similar to yours.

She won a beauty competition at about 19/20 years old, testimony to her general good looks. She was asked by a movie director to star in a film, and proposed to by a millionaire. Seriously. She was stunning, and although I don't wanna post a photo of her here, there is a very similar resemblance to Catherine Zeta Jones:

http://i.cn.cz/2/1064568493_catherine-zeta-jones.jpg

She had a very 'western' style beauty about her and considering she grew up in a remote middle eastern village it was quite a rare sight. She had zero female friends, all the local women hated her, were jealous, threw her spiteful looks and make rude comments and most of her friends were male. My mother was the sort of woman I find really intimidating myself as a young woman!

...and to think I had the bad luck to take after my father. Noooo!

Secondly, as guys get older their attitudes to women and dating will probably mature too, although don't expect them to stop giving you attention.

This reminds me of another topic; street harrassment - do you ever get cars honking at you or men shouting lewd comments from across the street?

ReputationRep:
    Wait; is this thread a joke too or is this for reals? I'm getting all confuzzled because of the plethora of "I'm a model" type threads recently...

Let's see a picture of Rachel so we can properly judge.

I hope this isn't another "miss jelly" type thread.

Edit: I can't believe anything I read anymore without hard evidence. Those of you who share my sentiment know what I mean when I refer to the "miss jelly type thread." Basically we need hard evidence!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Wait; is this thread a joke too or is this for reals? I'm getting all confuzzled because of the plethora of "I'm a model" type threads recently...

Let's see a picture of Rachel so we can properly judge.

I hope this isn't another "miss jelly" type thread.

Edit: I can't believe anything I read anymore without hard evidence. Those of you who share my sentiment know what I mean when I refer to the "miss jelly type thread." Basically we need hard evidence!!!!!!
    she put up a pic and then took it down again ages ago - this is a really old thread, no idea who resurrected it.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.