Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

80's kids - best memories? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get all the kids born in the 80's to list their best memories from the early nineties. It can be what was on TV, the toys we played with, the sweets we had, the games we played, etc.

Like: Sharky & George! (the crime busters of the sea)
    The sleeper yo-yo's that Rohan bloke used to advertise!
    Bulldog from one side of the playground to the other!

Any others?

ReputationRep:
    Does this make them a 90's kid rather than an 80's one?

/Pendant

ReputationRep:
    Well, kids born in the eighties who can remember the early nineties

ReputationRep:
    I remember nearly peeing my pants when my school friend showed me Gremlins 2 on video. It turned out to be my favourite film for a couple of years.

Someone else introduced me to the Terminator films. I think this was just after T2 had become available in the shops. He had a double-video boxset.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone else here used to watch Trap Door...? I used to love that series!

Oh, and this song was my childhood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    I remember nearly peeing my pants when my school friend showed me Gremlins 2 on video. It turned out to be my favourite film for a couple of years.

Someone else introduced me to the Terminator films. I think this was just after T2 had become available in the shops. He had a double-video boxset.

TMNT! I remember when that film came out! I couldn't wait to see it, but it was actually a bit dissapointing.

The Mario film was CLASSIC though!

ReputationRep:
    The kids tv program Knightmare, even though i was born mid 80's and this show was early 90's up to about 94 i think, could be wrong, used to scare the living beejeezus outta me! Also used to love Pirates of Dark Water, Prince Valiant.

Hmmmm Mr Freeze ice lollies being 10p. Rainbow Drops being 10p. Those ice cream lolly things with the cows on, they used to be 10p as well, cracking value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glorious Lozhka)
    I wonder if anyone else here used to watch Trap Door...? I used to love that series!

Oh, and this song was my childhood:
    I watched Trap door a few times but it was too wierd for me back then. I reckon if I watched it now I'd love it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    The kids tv program Knightmare, even though i was born mid 80's and this show was early 90's up to about 94 i think, could be wrong, used to scare the living beejeezus outta me! Also used to love Pirates of Dark Water, Prince Valiant.

Hmmmm Mr Freeze ice lollies being 10p. Rainbow Drops being 10p. Those ice cream lolly things with the cows on, they used to be 10p as well, cracking value

Where I'm from, everybody called them 'Tip-Tops'.

And those blue/pink fizzy bottles were called... wait for it..... orgasms. Yeah, I was 6 years old asking the lady behind the counter for 20 orgasms. That stopped when I got to a certain age and realised what I was saying.

ReputationRep:
    when the green ranger turned bad.
    are you afraid of the dark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    when the green ranger turned bad.
    are you afraid of the dark.
    Legend program! No matter what my mates were doing down the park, I'd always be back for that. ******* all over goosebumps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Where I'm from, everybody called them 'Tip-Tops'.

And those blue/pink fizzy bottles were called... wait for it..... orgasms. Yeah, I was 6 years old asking the lady behind the counter for 20 orgasms. That stopped when I got to a certain age and realised what I was saying.
    Do you remember Twist N Shakes???

On thinking, im not usre if they were actually called twist n shakes?

They were drinks in a plastic bottle usually brightly coloured and you twisted the top off, i think they were fruit flavoured/full of sugar,flavourings and colourings. Any ideas what they might be called people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Do you remember Twist N Shakes???
    Nope. I had to google that.

I remember Slush Puppies :p:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the Hurricanes? A football cartoon & they always had to play the Gorgonzolas?

Such a classic

ReputationRep:
    Super Ted

something like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Fun House.. I well reckon Pat Sharp had his wicked way with them twins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sensibleandy)
    Fun House.. I well reckon Pat Sharp had his wicked way with them twins!

Haha, I'd forgotten about those twins! That go kart track at the end looked so cool

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else remember big bad beatle borgs?

ReputationRep:
    Jumanji.

Saved by the bell,Old 90210,funky coloured clothes I wore.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.