Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

80's kids - best memories? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Saved by the bell,Old 90210,funky coloured clothes I wore.
    Remember the rumour that Zack had died from saved by the bell? And Kel from Kenan & Kel? I was genuinely upset for a couple of months about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Do you remember Twist N Shakes???

On thinking, im not usre if they were actually called twist n shakes?

They were drinks in a plastic bottle usually brightly coloured and you twisted the top off, i think they were fruit flavoured/full of sugar,flavourings and colourings. Any ideas what they might be called people?

They're called "Twist n Squeeze", (sp?!), they still sell them in Heron.
    I have a pack of the pink ones in my fridge.

(Original post by Steezy)
    Remember the rumour that Zack had died from saved by the bell? And Kel from Kenan & Kel? I was genuinely upset for a couple of months about that
    No :cry: I heard about the Kel one on TSR a few days ago, and I went on wikipedia and found out he was still alive. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Raggydolls anyone?

I loved the TMNT, are you afraid of the dark, rugrats, hey arnold, angry beavers lol... all them crappy nickelodeon shows.

Then there was Zzzzap, magic roundabout, saved by the bell, kenan and kel, sister sister, sabrina the teenage witch...

I remember yo-yo's, tamagotchis, alien's in goo, gel pens, smelly gel pens, the terrapins that you got in kinder eggs, the trolls that you got for the end of your pencils, TY beanie babies!!

Minimilks, mr freeze lollies, gobstoppers!! lol, babybels were huge at our school :rolleyes: , frubes made you so cool.

Best games of my youth were, british bulldog, operation, crashbandicoot on the PS :p: , paperboy, lemmings, rollerdiscos!!! (not a game but they became huge... in about '99).

And I know I've missed so much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylarfangirl)
    They're called "Twist n Squeeze", (sp?!), they still sell them in Heron.
    I have a pack of the pink ones in my fridge.
    Awesome shout! that's been bugging me since i posted it an hour or two ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Raggydolls anyone?

I loved the TMNT, are you afraid of the dark, rugrats, hey arnold, angry beavers lol... all them crappy nickelodeon shows.

Then there was Zzzzap, magic roundabout, saved by the bell, kenan and kel, sister sister, sabrina the teenage witch...

I remember yo-yo's, tamagotchis, alien's in goo, gel pens, smelly gel pens, the terrapins that you got in kinder eggs, the trolls that you got for the end of your pencils, TY beanie babies!!

Minimilks, mr freeze lollies, gobstoppers!! lol, babybels were huge at our school :rolleyes: , frubes made you so cool.

Best games of my youth were, british bulldog, operation, crashbandicoot on the PS :p: , paperboy, lemmings, rollerdiscos!!! (not a game but they became huge... in about '99).

I think we might actually be the same person. Except I hated sister sister. Mainly because of the theme tune & that annoying little boy in it...... Roger I think!

(Original post by Indieboohoo)
    No :cry: I heard about the Kel one on TSR a few days ago, and I went on wikipedia and found out he was still alive. :woo:
    I heard when I was about 12 that Zack died in a car crash & that Kel died of a drugs overdose. Quite haunting times at that age!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    I think we might actually be the same person. Except I hated sister sister. Mainly because of the theme tune & that annoying little boy in it...... Roger I think!
    Ha I wasn't much of a fan either... loved saved by the bell but just watched all the rest for the sake of it :p:

I grew up with a load of guys so I blame them for a lot of my memories :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I used to love Reboot and Spellbinder and many of those other Australian/New Zealand and BBC shows like Aquilla, Grange Hill, and Byker Grove, I can even vaguely remember Ant and Dec on it but only the paintball scene and Jeff was cool(the guy who ran it before he was killed)

Also loved Miami and LA7 around 2000, and Power Rangers, Cities Of Gold, Fantastic Max, repeats of classic Dr Who(vaguely) also loved Round The Twist, Poddington Peas, DJ Kat(from Sky) and KTV, and Live And Kicking, Going Live, Motormouth(thought Andy Crane was cool) Bad Influence, Gamesmaster, Crystal Maze etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    The kids tv program Knightmare, even though i was born mid 80's and this show was early 90's up to about 94 i think, could be wrong, used to scare the living beejeezus outta me! Also used to love Pirates of Dark Water, Prince Valiant.

Hmmmm Mr Freeze ice lollies being 10p. Rainbow Drops being 10p. Those ice cream lolly things with the cows on, they used to be 10p as well, cracking value
    Ahhhh I loved Knightmare. Was going to mention that.

Also loved Stop It and Tidy Up. Anyone remember that? I could be here all day going on about great cartoons etc from the 80s

ReputationRep:
    I think this video is appropriate for this thread

(Original post by londonboym)
    does anyone else remember big bad beatle borgs?
    Beetle Borgs!! I used to love all those Power Rangers-type-shows - used to watch Masked Rider too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Raggydolls anyone?

Yess everything in this post!! God those crappy nickolodeon shows were awesome =D

ReputationRep:
    Sweet valley high (though I thought it was boring and turned it off) goosebumps, terror towers, CITV when it had no presenters, Wizadora, the silver brumby, the queens nose, fun house, bertha, the poddington peas, hopper popper things, pogs/tazos, yo yos, those weird smelling aliens in an egg...

ReputationRep:
    To me to you, chucklevision, LA7, miami 7, I used to look forward to zzzzap on fridays, but it was quite creepy, the music and floating around the comic, and I used to wonder why it never stopped on the box with the leg! Pokemon from year 5 onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Sweet valley high (though I thought it was boring and turned it off) goosebumps, terror towers, CITV when it had no presenters, Wizadora, the silver brumby, the queens nose, fun house, bertha, the poddington peas, hopper popper things, pogs/tazos, yo yos, those weird smelling aliens in an egg...
    I liked that asian girl who was crazy who started about 1998 with that guy called Stephen Mulhern or something, and she went onto Pepsi Chart or something, she was cooll but since then most of the presenters seem to be pretty boys about 21 to 23 who seem to act as if they are high all the time, same for Blue Peter.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't remember her but I do remember stephen mulhern, I preferred cbbc, when citv had no presenter I thought they were too boastful lol!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone mentioned Round the Twist yet, that Australian one... Classic.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.