Turn on thread page Beta

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

ReputationRep:
    im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?

ReputationRep:
    Once if that. It depends how low your calorie intake is though. If you plan it all out of the exact intake you should be having, (1200-1500 calories) and eat the junk on top of that, then it will mess up your weight loss more than you probably think.
    I started trying to lose weight a few weeks a go, so far I lost 10lbs. I didn't lose any last week because I ate one of those mini apple pies on one of the days and a few of my sisters left over chips on another. Now i'm admient to never eat junk food again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    you should be having, (1200-1500 calories) .

depends on your BMR, mine says i can have 2000 cals to lose, its 2500 to maintain my weight

ReputationRep:
    Once if that. It depends how low your calorie intake is though. If you plan it all out of the exact intake you should be having, (1200-1500 calories) and eat the junk on top of that, then it will mess up your weight loss more than you probably think.
    I started trying to lose weight a few weeks a go, so far I lost 10lbs. I didn't lose any last week because I ate one of those mini apple pies on one of the days and a few of my sisters left over chips on another. Now i'm admient to never eat junk food again.
    Unless you by mini you mean massive and by a few you mean three bags of then your a total idiot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Unless you by mini you mean massive and by a few you mean three bags of then your a total idiot!
    tbh thats what i was thinking, i doubt a 'few chips' and a 'mini' apple pie would stop someone losing weight if the rest of their diet/exercise was upto it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    depends on your BMR, mine says i can have 2000 cals to lose, its 2500 to maintain my weight
    BMR doesn't account for BF%

you can EASILY get by on 1500 calories, the extra calories is only used to support the extra fat you have

ReputationRep:
    definitely attempting to chin tsr up ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    BMR doesn't account for BF%

you can EASILY get by on 1500 calories, the extra calories is only used to support the extra fat you have
    ive tried 1500 i found it too low for me

ReputationRep:
    I lost 40lbs previously and it's always had the same effect.
    I started eating dramatically less recently as I used to eat a hell of a lot, so yes, eating even one piece of junk food (an apple pie has like 300 calories or something) And you should never snack in between meals, which is proven to stump your weight loss. Your body reacts to a routine when trying to lose weight, which is why most people have set meal plans.

If you are so adiment to eat the sensations (which you clearly are as you are trying to undermind what I am saying) then eat them!

ReputationRep:

If you are so adiment to eat the sensations (which you clearly are as you are trying to undermind what I am saying) then eat them!

im clearly not since i have none in the house and havnt been to the shop for any

what im saying is just because something works for you doesnt mean it will work for others, 1200 cals is WAY too low for me to have, the more you weigh the more cals you need to maintain your weight so obviously the more cals you can have to lose weight, BMR is there for a reason and you arnt meant to eat 1000 cals less than what you need to maintain your weight

ReputationRep:
    im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?
    Well I eat it once or twice a week, and it doesnt do much harm but then again it depends how much junk your planning on eating, I used to be almost 12 stone now im 8 stone 12, and ive still had my fair share of junk food, aslong as your diet is normally healthy and low fat, I don't see the problem in one bag.

ReputationRep:
    I lost 40lbs previously and it's always had the same effect.
    I started eating dramatically less recently as I used to eat a hell of a lot, so yes, eating even one piece of junk food (an apple pie has like 300 calories or something) And you should never snack in between meals, which is proven to stump your weight loss. Your body reacts to a routine when trying to lose weight, which is why most people have set meal plans.

if you had say two of those apple pies at 300kcals each then your total excess food would be the calorific total of 66.6g or 0.14 of a lb - as such you are talking crap!
    This is if your diet was in deficeit to loose as you say you have and if the body could add everything it had taken in, which it can't!!!!

So I am very much undermining what you are saying as it is scientifically incorrect even with the slowest metabolism in the world!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at my weight loss group also agrees, there must be a reason for the pattern!

ReputationRep:
    im clearly not since i have none in the house and havnt been to the shop for any

what im saying is just because something works for you doesnt mean it will work for others, 1200 cals is WAY too low for me to have, the more you weigh the more cals you need to maintain your weight so obviously the more cals you can have to lose weight, BMR is there for a reason and you arnt meant to eat 1000 cals less than what you need to maintain your weight
    My doctor told me a woman should never eat over 2000 calories unless you want to put on weight and that 2000 is the maximum you can eat to maintain your weight. I weigh 200lbs and my doctor recommended me after I had my baby to start with 1500 calories and after every 15lbs lost, go down around 100.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at my weight loss group also agrees, there must be a reason for the pattern!
    weight watchers? slimmers world? or some other crappy one with small portioned expensive food

lol

ReputationRep:
    My doctor told me a woman should never eat over 2000 calories unless you want to put on weight and that 2000 is the maximum you can eat to maintain your weight. I weigh 200lbs and my doctor recommended me after I had my baby to start with 1500 calories and after every 15lbs lost, go down around 100.

if that works for you then fair enough, all im saying is it doesnt work for me

ReputationRep:
    weight watchers? slimmers world? or some other crappy one with small portioned expensive food

lol
    Weight Watchers

ReputationRep:

You're OBESE

BMR doesn't work for obese people.

OBESE people can survive on 1500 calories

1500 is all that's needed for your organs, brain, etc .. to function

so stop making silly excuses, even health professionals agree

http://www.mediplacements.com/articl...rie_diets.html

and i can find you many other links

so shut up and stop eating

ReputationRep:
    Weight Watchers

ah as i thought, weight watchers is actually crap, yes their food has a low cal content but im not surprised as theres basically nothing in their meals, they do however have a higher fat/sugar content than other ready made meals

that said their chocolate mousse and chocolate eclairs are lovely lol

ReputationRep:
    weight watchers is fail, your weight loss failed before you even thought about doing it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.