Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

ReputationRep:
    Says the guy with negative rep ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Says the guy with negative rep ;-)
    :rolleyes:

the lack of respect i've encountered on tsr is astonishing. people ought to stop slating others unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    Once if that. It depends how low your calorie intake is though. If you plan it all out of the exact intake you should be having, (1200-1500 calories) and eat the junk on top of that, then it will mess up your weight loss more than you probably think.
    I started trying to lose weight a few weeks a go, so far I lost 10lbs. I didn't lose any last week because I ate one of those mini apple pies on one of the days and a few of my sisters left over chips on another. Now i'm admient to never eat junk food again.
    Wow. That's really rather sad; both your resolution and the fact that you think you didn't lose any weight because you ate a mini apple pie and a few chips. You really think that a mini apple pie and a few chips add ~3lbs worth of weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    a) not anymore, I'm on a diet and I don't eat junk.
    b) I know I lacked dietary discipline, I don't need some prick like you to tell me.
    c) if you're going to go around telling "facts" like these to people you don't know, you won't make many friends.
    a) Good work.
    b) Pricks like me are essential.
    c) I'm not 10 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    a) Good work.
    b) Pricks like me are essential.
    c) I'm not 10 years old.
    pricks like you are essential? for what purpose, may I ask? lol.

you might not be a ten year old but you certainly sound like one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    pricks like you are essential? for what purpose, may I ask? lol.

you might not be a ten year old but you certainly sound like one.
    No nonsense advice, plenty of people have received PMs from me in regards to effective dieting and training. Face it, a large chunk of this subforums readership are idiots, other than the regulars (myself, powerlifter, smed, nun, cowsforsale, chocoholic, chumbaniya, herr stamper, bandini and one or two more whose names escape me) people here tend to type rather carelessly shockingly inept "advice". I **** on people both here and in the gym because of their idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    No nonsense advice, plenty of people have received PMs from me in regards to effective dieting and training. Face it, a large chunk of this subforums readership are idiots, other than the regulars (myself, powerlifter, smed, nun, cowsforsale, chocoholic, chumbaniya, herr stamper, bandini and one or two more whose names escape me) people here tend to type rather carelessly shockingly inept "advice". I **** on people both here and in the gym because of their idiocy.
    why are you wasting your time posting a whole load of drivel? :confused:

my advice was perfectly valid, it's up to the OP whether she chooses to take it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Wow. That's really rather sad; both your resolution and the fact that you think you didn't lose any weight because you ate a mini apple pie and a few chips. You really think that a mini apple pie and a few chips add ~3lbs worth of weight?
    I beg you tell me where I said it was 3lbs worth of weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    I beg you tell me where I said it was 3lbs worth of weight.
    You said that you had been losing 3lbs a week and that that week you didn't lose weight. Work it out for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I said I HAD been, obviously I don't expect to lose 3lbs every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u02dpb7)
    6. If you do not lose weight after a couple of weeks you are cheating or you have a medical problem. 9lbs loss over five months is ridiculous.
    wow clearly didnt read the thread propeerly

during that time

1) i WAS NOT eating healthy

and

2) i WAS NOT exercising

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP is going to be fat forever.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, cos eating like 800kcal of walkers crisps is eating heathily on a diet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A large chunk of this subforum are large chunky idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    yeah, cos eating like 800kcal of walkers crisps is eating heathily on a diet :rolleyes:

800 cals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    800 cals?
    you fancied a big bag of walkers sensations.
    thats the kcals if you eat the bag...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you fancied a big bag of walkers sensations.
    thats the kcals if you eat the bag...:rolleyes:

no there isnt lol

but so what, it was a one off, who cares

ReputationRep:
    no there isnt lol

but so what, it was a one off, who cares

(500kcal and 9g of sat fat per 100g )

facePALM*

youre the one saying you lost only 5 pounds or whatever when you werent eating heathily...

and if you eat those youre clearly not eating healthily.

plus youre the one you said you treat yourself everyday, or have a cheat day or whatever.

add it all together: you wont loose any weight.

there are like 10 pages explaining this.
    kind of lost cause.
    cba anymore:rolleyes:
    just cheat and cheat yourself.
    /thread.

ReputationRep:
    (500kcal and 9g of sat fat per 100g )

facePALM*

youre the one saying you lost only 5 pounds or whatever when you werent eating heathily...

and if you eat those youre clearly not eating healthily.

plus youre the one you said you treat yourself everyday, or have a cheat day or whatever.

add it all together: you wont loose any weight.

there are like 10 pages explaining this.
    kind of lost cause.
    cba anymore:rolleyes:
    just cheat and cheat yourself.
    /thread.

yes you are right, theres no point in carrying this on as you clearly cant read properly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes you are right, theres no point in carrying this on as you clearly cant read properly :rolleyes:
    so what did you get when you went food shopping??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.