Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Quite a few of the best bodybuilders in the world have occasional cheat days, it's nothing to do with weak willed.

Of course it is. If you say to yourself that you are going to eat nothing but heallthy food or go on a strict diet. Then cheating is weak willed.

These body builders obviously pllan in their 'cheat days' which sort of defeats the object of their being so.

If however you were to look at my original post in this thread you will note that i say; If you are going to eat healthy then you may aswell do it properly. Hence a 'cheat day in the context of my suggestion would indeed be bought about through weak willpower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?
    I wouldn't know, I eat what I want, when I want and remain not-fat!

ReputationRep:
    im clearly not since i have none in the house and havnt been to the shop for any

t
    Ok, its bloody hard work, its a pain in the neck and all you really want to do is eat cake, chips, crisps or any other number of miscreant foods.

But if im on a diet the i dont eat ANYTHING bad, as soon as you have a taste... you only want more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Ok, its bloody hard work, its a pain in the neck and all you really want to do is eat cake, chips, crisps or any other number of miscreant foods.

But if im on a diet the i dont eat ANYTHING bad, as soon as you have a taste... you only want more.

not if you can stop yourself

ReputationRep:
    not if you can stop yourself
    But isnt that the point in the first place? You want some crisps, but you cant stop yourself...hence you asking how much of an affect it would have?

Diets require control as you know, eating crisps loses that control. I think you have to do it 100% or not bother, thats just me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    But isnt that the point in the first place? You want some crisps, but you cant stop yourself...hence you asking how much of an affect it would have?

Diets require control as you know, eating crisps loses that control. I think you have to do it 100% or not bother, thats just me though

and i realise that everyones different, i lost weight before on an everything in moderation diet im just struggling with working out whats moderation this time round thats all

ReputationRep:
    but i could cut 250 through diet and 250 through exercise to lose 1lb a week right?
    yes so if you only want to lose 1lb a week, thats fine to eat 1750 cals and do 30mins intense cardio everyday to ensure you burn 250 cals. remember that the amount of cals you burn per hour will vary according to your weight x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni4med)
    yes so if you only want to lose 1lb a week, thats fine to eat 1750 cals and do 30mins intense cardio everyday to ensure you burn 250 cals. remember that the amount of cals you burn per hour will vary according to your weight x
    well im going to try to eat anywhere from 1600-2000 cals as my BMR is 2500

ReputationRep:
    2000 calories a day, that seems like a lot if you're trying to lose weight:lolwut:.

I highly doubt one or two bad things a week are going to make a difference, as long as the rest is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    2000 calories a day, that seems like a lot if you're trying to lose weight:lolwut:.
    BMR says 2500 to maintain weight

ReputationRep:
    Im not quite sure what that means tbh. How long have you been trying to lose weight for and how much have you lost if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly stop repeating yourself and get a bloody clue. This thread is utterly pointless, you come asking for advice and then you tell everybody they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?
    They sound weird. What have you eaten today so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomo2000)
    Honestly stop repeating yourself and get a bloody clue. This thread is utterly pointless, you come asking for advice and then you tell everybody they're wrong.
    2500 probably does sound about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Im not quite sure what that means tbh. How long have you been trying to lose weight for and how much have you lost if you dont mind me asking?
    BMR is your basal metabolic rate basically its how many calories your body would burn if you just lay in bed all day doing nothing

go here

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

work it out

mine says 1676

then go here

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

and add your activity level to it

ive put mine at moderate

so if i was doing no/little exercise my BMR would be 2011 but because im working out 5-6 days a week its 2597 so to lose i would cut it by 500 or more (but never more than 1000) and if i wanted to gain i would up it by 500

ive been trying on and off since about last september, up till christmas i lost almost a stone going from 207lbs to 194lbs then at christmas put on 4lbs which leaves me now at 198lbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    They sound weird. What have you eaten today so far?
    so far had garlic baguette (302 cals) 3 salmon fish fingers (153 cals)

later will be having chicken and steamed veg and maybe a couple of crumpets with a tea spoon of margarine on each

ReputationRep:
    so far had garlic baguette (302 cals) 3 salmon fish fingers (153 cals)

later will be having chicken and steamed veg and maybe a couple of crumpets with a tea spoon of margarine on each
    Have some fruit instead.

ReputationRep:
    ive been trying on and off since about last september, up till christmas i lost almost a stone going from 207lbs to 194lbs then at christmas put on 4lbs which leaves me now at 198lbs
    Okay, I've never heard of that before lol.

So thats 5/6 months[ish] on and off and you've only lost 9lbs? Thats really not very good. 2000 calories is too many idc what that thing says, if you're serious about losing weight you'd manage on less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Have some fruit instead.

got no fruit in

ReputationRep:
    got no fruit in
    Have you get any fruit and veg, or anything healthy in?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.