Turn on thread page Beta

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Okay, I've never heard of that before lol.

So thats 5/6 months[ish] on and off and you've only lost 9lbs? Thats really not very good. 2000 calories is too many idc what that thing says, if you're serious about losing weight you'd manage on less.

i dont care how long it takes me to lose the weight tbh as long as i lose it, 1lb a week will do me as long as it comes off i havnt got a lot i want to lose anyway just another stone then see how i feel/look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Have you get any fruit and veg, or anything healthy in?

veg yes but i will be having my veg with chicken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    veg yes but i will be having my veg with chicken
    You need more than 2 portions of veg a day.

ReputationRep:

So thats 5/6 months[ish] on and off and you've only lost 9lbs? Thats really not very good. 2000 calories is too many idc what that thing says, if you're serious about losing weight you'd manage on less.
    don't listen to this twiggy retarded lollipop.

ReputationRep:
    TBH if you wanna lose weight, don't eat any junk food! Cutting the crap out of your diet will make you feel much healthier and more energetic which will make your exercise plan more achievable.

I'm by no means overweight, but if I've gained a couple of pounds and I want to lose them I replace 'bad' foods with healthier alternatives and manage to lose that little bit of weight in a number of weeks. This, imo, shows that cutting the crap works for weight loss

ReputationRep:

There's a difference in losing weight and reducing body fat.

You shouldn't decrease your BMR by any more than 500 if you want to reduce your body fat.

I weigh less than OP, therefore my BMR-500 is 1600.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    don't listen to this twiggy retarded lollipop.
    And how would you know I'm a twiggy retarded lollipop?

ReputationRep:
    You need more than 2 portions of veg a day.
    i have more than 2 portions with my chicken

broccoli
    carrots
    cabbage
    cauliflower
    split green beans

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference in losing weight and reducing body fat.

You shouldn't decrease your BMR by any more than 500 if you want to reduce your body fat.

I weigh less than OP, therefore my BMR-500 is 1600.
    Regardless, she's lost barely anything over 5 months and her diet is ridiculous, crumpets? baguettes? Real healthy.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Regardless, she's lost barely anything over 5 months and her diet is ridiculous, crumpets? baguettes? Real healthy.:p:
    within my calorie allowance tbh

by the way that loss ive had is with no exercise what so ever apart from a 20 min walk to the shop and back daily and general house cleaning

i do way more exercise now than then and also my diet is a lot better

compare my old diet

4 of those seeded burger buns (150 cals each) = 600 cals

each with a table spoonful of mayo on (50 cals each?) = 200 cals

pepperoni lasagne = 1100 cals

with 2 table spoon fulls of mayo on = 100 cals

then possibly later on a pizza or burger with more buns

compared to now (take today for instance)

iceland garlic baguette = 302 cals
    3 fish fingers = 153 cals
    skinless chicken breast done in oven (not sure how many cals)
    steamed veg (broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, split green beans)
    and maybe 2 crumpets (200 cals) with a tea spoon of margarine on each (not sure on cals)

ReputationRep:
    I read this whole thread and got to page 4 before I realised I have no idea what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    I lost 40lbs previously and it's always had the same effect.
    I started eating dramatically less recently as I used to eat a hell of a lot, so yes, eating even one piece of junk food (an apple pie has like 300 calories or something) And you should never snack in between meals, which is proven to stump your weight loss. Your body reacts to a routine when trying to lose weight, which is why most people have set meal plans.

If you are so adiment to eat the sensations (which you clearly are as you are trying to undermind what I am saying) then eat them!

Just to point out that eating small amounts over the day will help you lose weight better than 3 main meals as it keeps your metabolism going throughout the day basically try and eat less calories then you burn off so if you have a big bag of crisps go to the gym for a bit longer theres no point having no junk food at all or you'll end up cracking and gorging loads in one go, trust me it happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    Once if that. It depends how low your calorie intake is though. If you plan it all out of the exact intake you should be having, (1200-1500 calories) and eat the junk on top of that, then it will mess up your weight loss more than you probably think.
    I started trying to lose weight a few weeks a go, so far I lost 10lbs. I didn't lose any last week because I ate one of those mini apple pies on one of the days and a few of my sisters left over chips on another. Now i'm admient to never eat junk food again.
    Theres no way only those stopped you losing weight, a pound is 3500 cals and those wouldnt fill your calorie deficit.

ReputationRep:
    i have more than 2 portions with my chicken

broccoli
    carrots
    cabbage
    cauliflower
    split green beans
    All of them at 80g each?

So you're having 300g of veg in one meal.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me - they don't taste as good as your cravings are making out right now.

You can have some if you go for a six mile run.

ReputationRep:
    none! you have to change your life style if you want to lose weight for ever!

ReputationRep:
    All of them at 80g each?

So you're having 300g of veg in one meal.

:dontknow: it fills me and it means i dont have anything else for the night and they are still low in cals

ReputationRep:
    Shh, i'm working on it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Shh, i'm working on it :ninja:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    My goodness you used to eat more than I do in a year:eek:. You seem to like what you're doing already, so just do what you think is best then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.