Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so long as you dont go over one maccy D a day, you should start losing weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    My goodness you used to eat more than I do in a year:eek:. You seem to like what you're doing already, so just do what you think is best then.

yep my diet was literally shocking so even with the baguette and crumpets (althouth i dont have them every day) my diet has improved a lot and my cal intake has gone down a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    so long as you dont go over one maccy D a day, you should start losing weight
    i dont eat mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    yep my diet was literally shocking so even with the baguette and crumpets (althouth i dont have them every day) my diet has improved a lot and my cal intake has gone down a lot
    Something that may help you in the long term, is to think of the nutritional value of food before you eat it. If you get into that mindset, its easy to eat healthily and have a balanced diet that will lose you weight and keep it off.

For example, crumpets have next to no nutritional value, compared to other snacks you could have. Examples: carrot sticks/wholemeal pitta bread dipped in houmous, fruit (my favourites are grapes, oranges or tinned pineapple to snack on) - they fill you up just as much but are much much better for you and arguably more tasty!!

Go for wholemeal bread instead of white :yes:
    xxl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Something that may help you in the long term, is to think of the nutritional value of food before you eat it. If you get into that mindset, its easy to eat healthily and have a balanced diet that will lose you weight and keep it off.

For example, crumpets have next to no nutritional value, compared to other snacks you could have. Examples: carrot sticks/wholemeal pitta bread dipped in houmous, fruit (my favourites are grapes, oranges or tinned pineapple to snack on) - they fill you up just as much but are much much better for you and arguably more tasty!!

Go for wholemeal bread instead of white :yes:
    xxl
    i need to reach my cal target though, no good being under it

tbh im only having crumpets (if i do actually have them) because we have nothing else in, we dont do our shopping till tuesday

will defo be changing to wholemeal bread, i have kingsmill 50/50 atm so its not as bad as white bread

ReputationRep:
    Every 7-10 days you are supposed to have a loading day - day in which you take more carbohydrates so you have energy. But junk food is no good. In the loading days you can eat complex carbohydrates. However a little junk food won't do tremendous damage I guess - we are not pros here!

ReputationRep:
    If your weight fluctuated as much as your rep, you'd be laughing. Last time I saw you, you were in green, now you're red. Wtf bbz?

ReputationRep:
    ive been trying on and off since about last september, up till christmas i lost almost a stone going from 207lbs to 194lbs then at christmas put on 4lbs which leaves me now at 198lbs
    Weird. You look so much slimmer than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    Weird. You look so much slimmer than me
    what do you weigh?

ReputationRep:

tbh im only having crumpets (if i do actually have them) because we have nothing else in, we dont do our shopping till tuesday

will defo be changing to wholemeal bread, i have kingsmill 50/50 atm so its not as bad as white bread
    HEALTHY FOODS THOUGH. High nutritional value and low GI.
    I'm sure you know what is generally good and not good for you.

When you go shopping be sure to remember that.

im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?
    NEVER!
    'once you pop you cant stop'
    like they said in the pringles advert :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    HEALTHY FOODS THOUGH. High nutritional value and low GI.
    I'm sure you know what is generally good and not good for you.

When you go shopping be sure to remember that.
    i will buy a lot better foods when i shop on tuesday but i will still be having a cheat meal/day so i know i can keep on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Okay, I've never heard of that before lol.

So thats 5/6 months[ish] on and off and you've only lost 9lbs? Thats really not very good. 2000 calories is too many idc what that thing says, if you're serious about losing weight you'd manage on less.
    Yeah sounds really weird. I lost that in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    Yeah sounds really weird. I lost that in a few weeks.

as i said i wasnt doing any exercise and my diet was shocking

a diet of 4 greggs sausage rolls, a greggs baguette and 4 bags of crisps or 2 baguettes and 4 bags of crisps and i still managed to lose weight, slowly yes but still

ReputationRep:
    pic? i need something to **** over, even ask 7777777

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    pic? i need something to **** over, even ask 7777777

pic of me? theres one on my profile

ReputationRep:

Surely if you were under in terms of calories that would be a good thing, as it would cause you to lose weight more quickly?

Regardless, you can still get all your calories from fruit :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Surely if you were under in terms of calories that would be a good thing, as it would cause you to lose weight more quickly?

Regardless, you can still get all your calories from fruit :confused:

i dont want to lose weight too quickly, as ive said i dont mind how long it takes as long as it comes off and i would rather lose it at a slow pace as theres more chance of keeping it off

ReputationRep:
    i will buy a lot better foods when i shop on tuesday but i will still be having a cheat meal/day so i know i can keep on track
    I don't know what you mean by saying you'll be having an unhealthy meal a day so you can 'keep on track' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to lose weight too quickly, as ive said i dont mind how long it takes as long as it comes off and i would rather lose it at a slow pace as theres more chance of keeping it off
    You'll only keep it off if you make permanent changes to your diet, lifestyle and mindset. If you adopt the changes I suggested you will lose weight more quickly but still at a steady rate, and not re-gain it because the changes you will make will be long term.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 27, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.