Turn on thread page Beta

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I don't know what you mean by saying you'll be having an unhealthy meal a day so you can 'keep on track' :confused:
    i didnt say a cheat meal a day, i said a cheat meal/day which means meal or day not meal a day lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you mean by saying you'll be having an unhealthy meal a day so you can 'keep on track' :confused:
    It's a psychological thing.

If you know you have one day where you can eat the 'forbidden foods' then your more likley to keep on track, apperentley.

Never worked for me.

IMO a change of mind and lifestyle is by far better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i didnt say a cheat meal a day, i said a cheat meal/day which means meal or day not meal a day lol
    Actually, being pedantic, the '/' can easily mean 'per' as much as it can mean 'or'... :o:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, being pedantic, the '/' can easily mean 'per' as much as it can mean 'or'... :o:
    well i did mean or in this case :p:

ReputationRep:
    what do you weigh?
    200lbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    And how would you know I'm a twiggy retarded lollipop?
    because you've mentioned many time you're on a diet of less than a 1000 calories and how it's worked wonders for you and advise it to others....You're sick love...mentally and most likely physically as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    because you've mentioned many time you're on a diet of less than a 1000 calories and how it's worked wonders for you and advise it to others....You're sick love...mentally and most likely physically as well.
    I might eat a lot less than 1000 calories but thats what my body is used now. Ive said a few times it's not healthy and doesnt leave you with a nice body and have never advised others to do the same, but its a fact 300 or less calories a day will make you skinny in a month or so, I'm not even saying I do that now. If I was mentally sick do you think I'd need you telling me I am? No. Unfortuantly, I'm far from a lollipop thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    I might eat a lot less than 1000 calories but thats what my body is used now. Ive said a few times it's not healthy and doesnt leave you with a nice body and have never advised others to do the same, but its a fact 300 or less calories a day will make you skinny in a month or so, I'm not even saying I do that now. If I was mentally sick do you think I'd need you telling me I am? No. Unfortuantly, I'm far from a lollipop thanks.
    Put it this way love....if Kojak saw you in the street he'd pick you up and pop you in his mouth...That means you're a lollipop, now just deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    200lbs
    Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Put it this way love....if Kojak saw you in the street he'd pick you up and pop you in his mouth...That means you're a lollipop, now just deal with it.
    Hmm, I have been told I am pretty tastey:p:.

ReputationRep:
    as i said i wasnt doing any exercise and my diet was shocking

a diet of 4 greggs sausage rolls, a greggs baguette and 4 bags of crisps or 2 baguettes and 4 bags of crisps and i still managed to lose weight, slowly yes but still
    So why don't you just stay on the same diet? You lost weight on that diet, even though it was very slowly, but you have already stated numerous times that you don't mind how long it takes you to lose the weight.

If your response to why you don't want to stay on the same diet is because you want to eat healthier than why did you make this thread? If you want to eat healthier just do it instead of asking people whether you should eat unhealthy foods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    Are you serious?
    Unfortunately.

Thankfully I don't look it.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately.

Thankfully I don't look it.
    is it muscle?

ReputationRep:
    tink^3

what IS your final goal?

ReputationRep:
    is it muscle?
    Breasts I think lol

Half of me was wondering at 1st whether you were just disgusted at how fat I was and the other half if you were just amazed after looking at my profile picture.

ReputationRep:
    Breasts I think lol

Half of me was wondering at 1st whether you were just disgusted at how fat I was and the other half if you were just amazed after looking at my profile picture.
    LOL haven't looked at your profile pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionForMod)
    So why don't you just stay on the same diet? You lost weight on that diet, even though it was very slowly, but you have already stated numerous times that you don't mind how long it takes you to lose the weight.

If your response to why you don't want to stay on the same diet is because you want to eat healthier than why did you make this thread? If you want to eat healthier just do it instead of asking people whether you should eat unhealthy foods.

lol i dont have the money to be buying greggs every day tbh

(Original post by Adonis)
    tink^3

what IS your final goal?

i dont know yet, i want to lose a stone and see how i feel while improving my fitness

ReputationRep:
    LOL haven't looked at your profile pic
    Ahh so it was the disgusted... ok...

ReputationRep:
    and i realise that everyones different, i lost weight before on an everything in moderation diet im just struggling with working out whats moderation this time round thats all
    I find, the closer you are to your target weight, the harder it is to lose though...so I have to make a little more effort.

And yes, everyone is different but the basic principle remains the same; you must consume less than you expend.

ReputationRep:
    OP, i lost 2 stone in 5 months, and have kept it off.

yes everyones different but on a basic rule you shouldnt really eat alot of carbs and junk food.

im not trying to be nasty like some people on this thread, saying your stupid or that, but aiming toward reducing fat content more than calories is actually more useful... (within a calorie limit obviously, and tbh 2000 seems alot, even for your BM thingy... (cant remember what you called it, and cba looking up :P: )

what i did was have a treat once a week or so, (two or three on your period, its only natural :P )
    and choose more meat over carbs.

loosing weight slowly isnt always benefitial, you can loose weight at a faster rate and keep it off, just as long as your diet doesnt go back to greggs and that straight after you should be fine

and also, snack on fruit and veg, carrots and melon or whatever you like

im going to be honest though,
    if you are just going to make up stories in your head, like ohh i can eat junk because my weight/ calorie allowance you arent going to loose much weight.

have a goal, stick to it. and get through your weight productively, not just by negotiating with your mind on how much crap you can pump into your system without feeling guilty. feel guitly. it works.

/long post. sorry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.