Turn on thread page Beta

how often is ok for eating junk when trying to lose weight watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im having a cheat day, end of

and yes wall push ups are the only thing i do :rolleyes:

point of posting in the first place :rolleyes:
    cheating is only going to make it harder...

unless youre weening yourself off it, which in theory is harder than cutting out.

lost cause imo.

ReputationRep:
    This has been the greatest thread ever.

ReputationRep:
    How about never?

When you're on a diet you stick to it, you dont make exceptions.

I remember on my last attempt to go on a diet, I only ate junk food on special occasions. But then every day became a special occasion

Believe me, eating junk when dieting does not work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    How about never?

I remember on my last attempt to go on a diet, I only ate junk food on special occasions. But then every day became a special occasion

no point wasting your breath.
    OP has made her choice and is luring herself into a false sense of secuirity where not "everyday" is a cheat day... until tomorrow?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)

lost cause imo.
    Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    I am also overweight, and lose about 2lbs a week. A few tips:

1. Stop making excuses, we are fat because we choose to over eat, for whatever reason.

2. Take control.

3. Plan your meals before you go to the supermarket so you do not buy naughty foods, unless PLANNED!

4. 2000 calories a day is too much. I agree with the other posters that 1500 is more realistic. 2000 calories would be more suitable if you were nearly 300 pounds.

5. Exercise at least three times a week for 30 mins minimum

6. If you do not lose weight after a couple of weeks you are cheating or you have a medical problem. 9lbs loss over five months is ridiculous.

P.S I know how hard it is to give up hight-fat foods and large portions but the first few weeks of real effort are the hardest. You have to see yourself slimmer and healthier. I know its not easy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    no point wasting your breath.
    OP has made her choice and is luring herself into a false sense of secuirity where not "everyday" is a cheat day... until tomorrow?
    :rolleyes:
    ah well, sorry I didn't take the time to read all nine pages of this thread before posting my comment lol.

OP don't kid yourself, you'll end up making "exceptions" every other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u02dpb7)
    I am also overweight, and lose about 2lbs a week. A few tips:

1. Stop making excuses, we are fat because we choose to over eat, for whatever reason.

2. Take control.

3. Plan your meals before you go to the supermarket so you do not buy naughty foods, unless PLANNED!

4. 2000 calories a day is too much. I agree with the other posters that 1500 is more realistic. 2000 calories would be more suitable if you were nearly 300 pounds.

5. Exercise at least three times a week for 30 mins minimum

6. If you do not lose weight after a couple of weeks you are cheating or you have a medical problem. 9lbs loss over five months is ridiculous.

P.S I know how hard it is to give up hight-fat foods and large portions but the first few weeks of real effort are the hardest. You have to see yourself slimmer and healthier. I know its not easy though

This is good advice. ^

ReputationRep:
    im really craving a big bag of walkers sensations thai sweet chilli today

just wondering how many times a week its ok to eat junk?
    Well from my experience I know that you can eat junk food everyday and lose weight. However, you won't be very healthy at all and you'll look ill.
    A few years back when I was larger I began to count calories and at the start I would have some junk food every single day. However, it would be something fairly small like a mini chocolate bar or 2 rich tea biscuits or something.
    I would make sure I didn't go over my calories intake and I managed to lose a lot of weight. So it can be done but junk food has so many calories that after a few weeks even though I was losing weight I thought it was better to have some fruit or a carrot stick or something instead. It's healthier and you'll save up on a lot of calories.

Also, if you really want to have junk food, opt for snack-a-jacks or oat cakes. Or even wotsits which have less fat and calories.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    How about never?

Ironically you, like the OP, lack self control.

ReputationRep:
    How about never?

If you control the amount of junk food you eat then it can be done. Losing weight is about making clever food choices and restricting certain foods but not cutting them out of your diet completely.

At the start it's hard to avoid junk food if you've been eating them for years. Avoid it all long enough and you'll crack and go running for the biscuit tin to eat everything you can get your hands on. At least that used to happen to me and I remained fat for ages.

Allowing treats now and again is good. Gives you something to look forward to and stops you from feeling guilty when you eventually give in and have something naughty.

ReputationRep:
    OP = fail for asking for advice and then not listening to any of it.

Next time, don't make a thread and don't waste our time.

ReputationRep:
    each routine is about 25-30 mins long and consists of

1 min jog on spot
    10 chair dips
    20 push ups
    20 squats
    10 alternate leg raises on each leg

3 sets

or

10 chair dips
    20 squats
    20 wide arm push ups
    10 stationary lunges on each leg
    10 close arm push ups
    10 bend knee back leg raises each leg
    10 straight leg back leg raises
    That takes you 25-30mins :zomg:

I could get through that in 10 mins easy and I am 19stone!!!

Its all about intensity!!!! Up it and you will very very rapidly up your fat loss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Ironically you, like the OP, lack self control.
    how do you know whether or not I lack self control? Have you met me, by any chance? :curious: my guess is no.

ReputationRep:
    How about never?

Part in bold would suggest you lacked self control? LOL.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know whether or not I lack self control? Have you met me, by any chance? :curious: my guess is no.
    When I was cutting fat for competition I too had cheat days every week where I would consume fairly unhealthy foods. However these benefited my carb maintenance and remained only single cheat days each week. If you are unable to only take one day out to consume relatively unhealthy foods then you lack self control, there is no reason for you to start gorging on junk even when your cravings have been tempered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Part in bold would suggest you lacked self control? LOL.
    Right. And your point would be...?

ReputationRep:
    When I was cutting fat for competition I too had cheat days every week where I would consume fairly unhealthy foods. However these benefited my carb maintenance and remained only single cheat days each week. If you are unable to only take one day out to consume relatively unhealthy foods then you lack self control, there is no reason for you to start gorging on junk even when your cravings have been tempered.
    Right, and what are you trying to say?

Because your comment seems a bit random to me. For me, eating junk food when dieting doesn't work and many people feel the same way.

if you are able to have cheat days then good for you, but don't start insulting everyone who doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Right, and what are you trying to say?

Because your comment seems a bit random to me. For me, eating junk food when dieting doesn't work and many people feel the same way.

if you are able to have cheat days then good for you, but don't start insulting everyone who doesn't.
    Its not an insult, its a fact, you lack dietary discipline.

ReputationRep:
    Its not an insult, its a fact, you lack dietary discipline.
    a) not anymore, I'm on a diet and I don't eat junk.
    b) I know I lacked dietary discipline, I don't need some prick like you to tell me.
    c) if you're going to go around telling "facts" like these to people you don't know, you won't make many friends.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.