Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i made some about 2 years ago and they were a-mazing, but have no idea where i got the recipe form etc etc. i have been trawling google and some recipes say use the same amount of cream and chocolate, whereas some say use double the amount of cream that you havr to chocolate...just wondering if anyone has any safe recipes?! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    so i made some about 2 years ago and they were a-mazing, but have no idea where i got the recipe form etc etc. i have been trawling google and some recipes say use the same amount of cream and chocolate, whereas some say use double the amount of cream that you havr to chocolate...just wondering if anyone has any safe recipes?! thanks

I have a recipe that I use - makes really yummy ones! No cream though!

Here it is if you wanted to try it:

200g good quality dark chocolate (approx. 70% is good!)
    6 tbsp strong black coffee
    2 tbsp clear honey
    cocoa powder to dust

- Melt chocolate gently over a pan of simmering water. Remove and set aside. It should appear like a liquid pool of chocolate.

- Gently pour in the coffee and, using a spatula, give it a slow turn of the bowl until the consistency thickens. the texture of the chocolate will start to seize and thicken almost immediately.

- Add the honey (a tbsp at a time), slowly waltzing the chocolate around the bowl until you get a highly glossy lick of chocolate. This should take no longer than a couple of minutes.

- chill the bowl in the fridge for 30mins or until the truffle mixture has returned to nearly solid form

- Prepare a clean surface on which to roll out the truffles and sieve 3 generous tablespoons of cocoa powder onto it. Scrape out a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and rll it into a marble-sized ball, then roll this through the cocoa powder until fully coated. Repeat until all the mixture is used (should make approx. 24 truffles).

ReputationRep:
    Yum :coma:

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

I think they're scrummy! Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    I made this recipe the other day, turned out pretty amazing. Next time I'm gonna make ones with booze in. :coma:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.