Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pizza - How do you cut yours? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How do you divide up your pizzas?
    Quarters
    18.86%
    Sixths
    28.00%
    Eighths
    45.71%
    Other
    7.43%

ReputationRep:
    I was having a discussion with some people the other day, and it seems some people have differing ideas on the "correct" way to divide a pizza into slices :p:

So how do you cut yours?

ReputationRep:
    Into sixths (:

ReputationRep:
    Well it's all rather dependent on the size of the pizza really. But I always use scissors to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Halves... :sexface:

Nah, quarters :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sixths but I can live with eighths.

I would like to add I cannot eat square pizzas. Its just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    13ths

ReputationRep:
    Into six, unless it's big, in which case 8 might be more appropriate. If we get huge square pizza from Rocket Joes, then 16 usually works.

Also this thread makes me want pizza, so I'm going to nip out and get one!

ReputationRep:
    Sixths for anything smaller than 12 inches. Eighths for 12 inches and up.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how the toppings are spread, I'd rather have uneven slices of pizza than higgledy-piggledy-topped sixths or eighths, with big clusters of pepperoni here, and then just one bit of ham cut in half there. I don't even cut it into slices really, just eat the whole big round thing with a knife and fork.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like pizza anymore. Yuck.

ReputationRep:
    im swaying towards eighths, as sixths is so much hassle...

ReputationRep:
    i simply tear a bit off, but only when i am not sharing

ReputationRep:
    Isn't cutting into 6ths just complicated? I mean you can't cut all the way along the pizza from one side to the other like you would with quarters or eighths. You have to cut to the middle 3 times... then cut just to the middle 3 more times. And you also risk some slices being different sizes than others, if you're no good at cutting in to thirds. I struggle to estimate how much a third is! Sounds rather silly to me.

For me, depends on the size of the pizza. Generally eighths, but if it's a smaller pizza then quarters. I actually seem to be able to eat more (i.e. not get full most of the way through) if I have it in quarters..

ReputationRep:
    With scissors :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I was having a discussion with some people the other day, and it seems some people have differing ideas on the "correct" way to divide a pizza into slices :p:

So how do you cut yours?

ya guys are so thumb-suckin sad.. get yourselves a porridge knife

ReputationRep:
    Always eights, as then I cut it in half, then those halves into halves, and those halves. Six is a much more awkward number to divide it into.

ReputationRep:
    Quarters/eights depending on size. 6 is too difficult

ReputationRep:
    eighths, always

ReputationRep:
    I just shove the whole think into my mouth if I'm eating alone

If I'm sharing the pizza then it depends how many people there are

ReputationRep:
    Luckily, I live in a country where it is socially acceptable to eat a full-size pizza to yourself. (Italy) Thus, I tend to tear bits off and then fold them in half and eat them like a sandwich.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.