Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pizza - How do you cut yours? watch

• View Poll Results: How do you divide up your pizzas?
    Quarters
    18.86%
    Sixths
    28.00%
    Eighths
    45.71%
    Other
    7.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orionmoo)
    Isn't cutting into 6ths just complicated? I mean you can't cut all the way along the pizza from one side to the other like you would with quarters or eighths. You have to cut to the middle 3 times... then cut just to the middle 3 more times. And you also risk some slices being different sizes than others, if you're no good at cutting in to thirds. I struggle to estimate how much a third is! Sounds rather silly to me.
    Yes you can ... it's harder to estimate sixths than eighths but it doesn't stop you from cutting all the way across just like you would if you were cutting eighths :confused:

I also find so strange when people use scissors to cut pizza.

(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    Well it's all rather dependent on the size of the pizza really.
    :ditto:

But I always use scissors to do it.
    wtf, really? Like, normal scissors you use to cut other stuff like paper?

The pizza I buy is already cut

ReputationRep:
    Depends how hungry i am

If im not that hungry i cut it into 2 pieces

If i am very hungry I cut it into 8 pieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    :ditto:

wtf, really? Like, normal scissors you use to cut other stuff like paper?

The pizza I buy is already cut
    Yep, works very nicely. You buy pre-cut pizza :/

ReputationRep:
    Six slices with scissors.

Alliteration ftw. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cut? :lolwut: So I'm not supposed to pick the whole thing up and rip bits out of it with my teeth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylarfangirl)
    Six slices with scissors.

Alliteration ftw.
    :yy: Alliteration at it's absolute awesomest!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't cutting into 6ths just complicated? I mean you can't cut all the way along the pizza from one side to the other like you would with quarters or eighths. You have to cut to the middle 3 times... then cut just to the middle 3 more times. And you also risk some slices being different sizes than others, if you're no good at cutting in to thirds. I struggle to estimate how much a third is! Sounds rather silly to me.

For me, depends on the size of the pizza. Generally eighths, but if it's a smaller pizza then quarters. I actually seem to be able to eat more (i.e. not get full most of the way through) if I have it in quarters..
    Of course cutting into 6ths is not complicated. One cut from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, one cut from 2 o'clock to 8 o'clock, and one cut from 4 o'clock to ten o'clock. It's not hard :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altocirrus)
    With scissors :yep:
    Lol, I'm trying to imagine..

Yep, works very nicely. You buy pre-cut pizza :/
    Yeah, the place I buy it from do it It's not cut through the whole pizza, but halfway through, so I can see the lines and I can just grab a piece... + no knives needed =)
    tbh, I've never bought an uncut pizza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Yeah, the place I buy it from do it It's not cut through the whole pizza, but halfway through, so I can see the lines and I can just grab a piece... + no knives needed =)
    tbh, I've never bought an uncut pizza
    Well the majority of pizzerias in Sweden won't cut your pizza for you (and quite right too! I want to choose what size each slice should be). But pizzas bought at the supermarket certainly aren't sliced, that would be weird.

ReputationRep:
    In to 10ths

I make my own pizza and the oven tray I have is square, so I make the pizza squared for MAXIMUM pizza!

And always cut with scissors

Well the majority of pizzerias in Sweden won't cut your pizza for you (and quite right too! I want to choose what size each slice should be). But pizzas bought at the supermarket certainly aren't sliced, that would be weird.
    Ah, just noticed your location :p: I've been to Sweden once
    I remember the pizzerias in Finland wouldn't cut our pizza either, which made things difficult as they didn't have sharp knives. In England though, the pizzerias I go to always cut our pizza for us, it isn't that much hassle really - they have this huge kitchen knife and just takes about 5 seconds to do it :p:
    I agree, supermarket pizzas aren't sliced and it's better that way.

ReputationRep:

For me, depends on the size of the pizza. Generally eighths, but if it's a smaller pizza then quarters. I actually seem to be able to eat more (i.e. not get full most of the way through) if I have it in quarters..
    Sixths is easy! Cut it in half and then cut an X across it.

ReputationRep:
    Quarters ;0

ReputationRep:
    Alll about the quarters

ReputationRep:
    Sixths is the proper way to do it. I know this because my pizza board has lines to help you cut it. Eighths if I haven't got a pizza board though.

ReputationRep:
    No slices, just use a knife and fork to cut bite-sized pieces off and eat them.

ReputationRep:
    I cut it into 4.
    I'd never manage to eat 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    I cut it into 4.
    I'd never manage to eat 8.
    But it's still the same amount of pizza ...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.