Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :nothing:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/new...residences2010

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was in my JM contract that there would be building works nearish Rootes. Something for next year's freshers to be aware of, especially if you are applying to Rootes.

Done by summer 2011 and it will probably generate the uni another £2 million a year.

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly are they building it? I can't work out where they mean!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Explorer Dora)
    Where exactly are they building it? I can't work out where they mean!
    They're doing between Rootes and Tocil Wood.

ReputationRep:
    The bit of ground the TES was on, or another bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    The bit of ground the TES was on, or another bit?
    I doubt there's enough room for 550 people there in 4 blocks.

If you compare it's location with the SU, Rootes is between both of them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe on that big field between Rootes and Tocil Wood, opposite the tennis courts?
    If so, gutted. No more mega Rootes summer parties there, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Maybe on that big field between Rootes and Tocil Wood, opposite the tennis courts?
    If so, gutted. No more mega Rootes summer parties there, then.
    Yeah, youd think on that map of disrupted footpaths they might just put a little box indicating where the buildings are actually going! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rootes field would be a wound. replacing tennis courts/CP6 less so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Yeah, youd think on that map of disrupted footpaths they might just put a little box indicating where the buildings are actually going! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rootes field would be a wound. replacing tennis courts/CP6 less so...
    LOL.
    Also, I wonder what they'll call it. :counfused:

ReputationRep:
    My impression was that it was on Roote's field behind old rootes, yes.

ReputationRep:
    "Bluebell view" apparently : http://warwicksport.warwick.ac.uk/ne...icle/4002/184/

ReputationRep:
    ye, it's on rootes field. right outside my window!!

ReputationRep:
    haha I am graduating this year so I guess I won't see the new accom xD

ReputationRep:
    Bluebell View sounds lame. Still should alleviate the accommodation nightmare we have each year?

Or maybe theyll just scale their offers up by 500 or whatever and it will be the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Bluebell View sounds lame. Still should alleviate the accommodation nightmare we have each year?

Or maybe theyll just scale their offers up by 500 or whatever and it will be the same...
    If they increase intake by 500 then they'll probably need a new lecture theatre or something, otherwise Central Timetabling will burst into flames. They'll probably increase intake by a couple of hundred, reduce pressure of off campus/Westwood sharing freshers and consider a new massive lecture theatre/department building on the fields by Claycroft/elsewhere and lather, rinse, repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Just been looking at the Campus Development page and I found a new buildings map. It seems as though they are going to build a building between Maths and Breem (or the Digital Arts Lab??)

Planning application files here:
    http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/camp...t/application/

This one is from the Flood Risk Assessment file. There's probably one in the master plan file as well.

ReputationRep:
    Nice.
    Theyr really going for it arent they? Recession be damned...

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading somewhere that Warwick is always building something somewhere - the campus that always grows lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nish81)
    I remember reading somewhere that Warwick is always building something somewhere - the campus that always grows lol
    I saw someone with that leveling instrument thing earlier today outside of the maths dept. They might be starting work soon :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Someone crashed into a lamppost by the temporary crossing earlier in the week. Now it's disappeared :iiam:

Also they're doing work where the TES was (and like 20m away from me ). Car park :holmes:

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.