Turn on thread page Beta

Is John Mayer racist, in your opinion? watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think so, read this:

perez hilton's article about John Mayer's Playboy interview
    Congratulations, John Mayer. You have left us absolutely speechless. And repulsed.

For once, we're just going to let this DISGUSTING excuse for a human being's words speak for themselves.

Enjoy.

MAYER: It depends on what I picked up. My two biggest hits are “Your Body Is a Wonderland” and “Daughters.” If you think those songs are pandering, then you’ll think I’m a douche bag. It’s like I come on very strong. I am a very…I’m just very. V-E-R-Y. And if you can’t handle very, then I’m a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little very. That’s why black people love me.

PLAYBOY: Because you’re very?

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.

MAYER: What is being black? It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude’s.

PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don’t think I open myself to it. My **** is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a ******’ David Duke ****. I’m going to start dating separately from my ****.

PLAYBOY: Let’s put some names out there. Let’s get specific.

MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. And Kerry Washington. She’s superhot, and she’s also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she’d be like, “Yeah, I sucked his ****. Whatever.” And you’d be like, “What? We weren’t talking about that.” That’s what “Heartbreak Warfare” is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.

Absolutely, absolutely despicable. Who on EARTH does he think he is?

Read More: New Low!! John Mayer Makes Horrible, Racist Comments To Playboy!! | PerezHilton.com http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-10-ne...#ixzz0fF4Bx0ZP
    Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

ReputationRep:
    *Googles*

I thought this John Mayer guy was going to be some old politician.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, their problem is that he used the N-word. Well why didn't you just say that? In which case, I feel for these black rappers who constantly fill the airwaves with this term and are the reason why the likes of Mayer are still using it - because NWA, Snoop etc. taught him it when he was growing up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    *Googles*

I thought this John Mayer guy was going to be some old politician.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, their problem is that he used the N-word. Well why didn't you just say that? In which case, I feel for these black rappers who constantly fill the airwaves with this term and are the reason why the likes of Mayer are still using it - because NWA, Snoop etc. taught him it when he was growing up.
    People are generally ranting about what he said about black women... Nobody's too concerned about the N-word thing.

ReputationRep:
    John Mayer is a publicity whore. No publicity is bad for him.

ReputationRep:
    Dropping the n bomb.. not good

ReputationRep:
    John Mayer is that dude, **** tha haters. It's just personal preferences.

ReputationRep:
    He's taking the piss for the entire interview though, it's actually a pretty funny read. It's not racist at all, although I'm sure Perez Hilton (seriously what the **** is he?) would get pissed off because Mayer takes the piss out of him in the interview too.

ReputationRep:
    Perez hilton is a cancer in society.
    Not a can, sir, a cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    People are generally ranting about what he said about black women... Nobody's too concerned about the N-word thing.
    Googling the news says different. They don't give a **** about anything he's said about women, it's that he used the N-word and the term 'white supremacist'.

Media only cares about what words are used, not context or meaning.

ReputationRep:
    Meh American media, love building up any sort of story. John Mayer isn't racist at all. Now Perez, didn't he say that he called that waste of space Will.I.Am a fag in a video blog because he didn't want to say the n word, eh.

ReputationRep:
    Not in my opinion. the N-word these days is used for loads of different things.

The N-word is used so frequently it might as well be in the English dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtySyko)

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    He's taking the piss for the entire interview though, it's actually a pretty funny read. It's not racist at all, although I'm sure Perez Hilton (seriously what the **** is he?) would get pissed off because Mayer takes the piss out of him in the interview too.
    I actually found it really funny!
    I love that kitten!
    I want it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtySyko)

that depends on who uses it and the context in which it is used.In this case it was used by the wrong person in the wrong context.he just sounds like he feels superior to black people

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.