Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rip.
    ]=

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I may have just bought an Alexander McQueen jacket. :ninja:
    I just bought a pair of Alexander McQueen hi-tops. Had my eye on them a while and figured they wouldn't be around much longer :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Good his clothes are ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BreY)
    Such a shame, I've always seen suicide as a cowardly way out. He'll be missed and definitely touched a lot of peoples lives however. Money can't buy you happiness it seems.
    Money can't cure depression. People who commit suicide are usually suffering from depression. It looks like the deaths of his closest friend Isabella Blow and his mother maybe have contributed to this though.

R.I.P.

(Original post by paddyman4)
    BBC news says nothing about suicide.

But uh oh. Daily Mail reckons an openly gay celebrity in a civil partnership has killed himself?

Someone restrain Jan Moir before she gets her hands on this one.
    Oh you know what she will say "there is something a miss with the culture" or some other anti-gay. The way she tried to link Stephen Gately and Mr. Lucas' ex-husbands death was sickening .

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less tbh

ReputationRep:
    I saw the title of this thread and was about to reprimand you for being a troll until I saw the real article...=/

How very sad

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one not to have heard of this guy? :o:

Sounds quite the loss nonetheless. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    British fashion has lost one of the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    Am I the only one not to have heard of this guy? :o:

Sounds quite the loss nonetheless. RIP.
    Big big loss Link to some of his beautiful catwalk stuff, if you're actually interested :o:

Thank god we still have Gareth Pugh or I don't know what I'd do.

ReputationRep:
    thats sad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God... My heart sank when I read the title. I thought it's some kind of a cruel joke. I can't believe it! I can't can't can't believe it! He's was my absolutely favourite fashion designer. I adored his every single fashion show. Just the other day I thought that I could hardly wait for his 2010 Fall/Winter collection. It's such a shock!

It is heartbreaking. I cannot believe it.

Alexander McQueen has now become an indelible part of fashion history. Every single collection he made was ahead of its time. He IS the epitome of high fashion, for great artists never die.

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading an article this morning on showing the fashion week in 3D or something. It even mentioned his name and now he's dead
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It wouldn't surprise me if they still show his collection tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    Why is this the main headline? Most people don't even know who he is.
    Well... they kinda do. He's one of fashion's biggest names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    It wouldn't surprise me if they still show his collection tbh.
    Where did you buy your jacket? I tried to get on to his site but its temporarily closed.

ReputationRep:
    OMG i WONDER WHY?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.

ReputationRep:
    Still can't believe this. He's a massive inspiration and everyone in my Photography class is pretty much in love with him.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Where did you buy your jacket? I tried to get on to his site but its temporarily closed.
    Ebay, Brand new with tags. I tried to get a dress aswell but someone bought it just as I was about to. I want this dress if only I could justify it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-720-Alexande...item35a6d5f8f1

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.