Turn on thread page Beta

Alexander McQueen commits suicide watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A few pieces left on http://www.oki-ni.com/Brands/Alexand...exandermcqueen if anyones interested. As with all other good online retailers and stores.

ReputationRep:
    Get a grip. A frock maker is no great loss to the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    A human being generally is :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Aw, that's sad.

ReputationRep:
    That's really sad. I don't really know much about his clothes (not really an avid fashion follower) but I had heard of him and it's really sad that he felt so bad that he had to take his life.

RIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    What a strange thing to say.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Rip <3<3

ReputationRep:
    I literally have no idea who he is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I literally have no idea who he is...
    The fact that this thread is in F&B should give you some idea...

ReputationRep:
    Alexander mcQueen was the reason I wanted to be a fashion designer. I am so sad because he did not just make pretty clothes, he was one of the most talented creators. His work was the product of creative thinking along with idea of beauty! Just what the world of fashion needed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    The fact that this thread is in F&B should give you some idea...
    I know he is a fashion designer due to the articles, but I meant that I've never heard of him.

ReputationRep:
    His work was so wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    I was so gutted when I heard :'(

ReputationRep:
    This is so sad. I am still in shock. He was such a talented man. R.I.P. I hope he is in a better place now.

ReputationRep:
    I found out on twitter and told my mum, we were both completely shocked Didn't know about his mum dying, but his friend a few years ago too...wow, poor guy, he'll be missed RIP - he has a beautiful legacy in his clothes.

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P
    My favourite designer, with true passion and ideas that challenged fashion itself. He will be terribly missed.

ReputationRep:
    So sad
    I remember seeing the crazy armadillo shoes in the harvey nicks window a few months back and just being amazed by them. Such a talented, unique designer. RIP

ReputationRep:
    His expression in that photo taken from his friend's funeral is harrowing.

Anyone else seen it?

Also: isn't it sad how so many geniuses kill themselves. Why is it so common among them?

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of the guy.

nice spelling though... 'HELLS ANGLES & PROLIFIC DEAMONS'

And i wouldn't call a fashion designer a 'genius', but many genii commit suicide as they cannot comprehend an infinitely complex problem, but their persistance drives them to perfection, which sometimes they cannot achieve, and more importantly, cannot accept that they can't achieve.

ReputationRep:
    i've read it on the news too, he was a big loss in fashion industry. and he is definitely one of the best on this carreer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.