Turn on thread page Beta

What to say to an instructor when you want to stop driving lessons with them??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having lessons with this instructor for about 2-3months now having 2hour lessons a week. Id like to cancel lessons with him as he is always shouting and swearing at me and its starting to be detrimental to my driving confidence as when he shouts it just makes me so much more nervous. Like last week we where doing a manouver(turn in the road) and he kept shouting at me saying "WHY THE **** CAN U NOT GET THIS" , " WHY CAN YOU NOT ******* FIND THE BITE". My parents had block booked a ton of lessons so i perservered through the shouting, the block booking runs out tommorow and I want to stop lessons with him but i really dont know what to say to him, any suggestions would help

ReputationRep:
    Bye?

ReputationRep:
    say nothing, just don't book any more lessons

ReputationRep:
    I told mine that I'd run out of money for the time being (wasn't quite a lie, I actually needed my money to book my flights), if you have no money he won't be interested I can guarantee!

ReputationRep:
    You are a lowly student and can't afford it anymore?
    Then if he sees you on lessons with someone else, you can just say they gave you a better deal.

ReputationRep:
    Just dont book anymore lessons with him, and find someone else

ReputationRep:
    just tell him
    "i dont want anymore lessons because i am not compatible with his teaching technique"

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, you've been a **** and I'm changing driving instructors. Kthxbai."

Nothing is keeping you with the guy so just tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't book anymore lessons.

If you would rather set your decision in concrete though, tell him a family friend is an instructor and is teaching for £5 a session

ReputationRep:
    I told mine I had exams coming up at school and needed time away from driving to study when really I just went over to a different driving school

ReputationRep:
    just say that your giving it a break for a bit, while you save some more money up! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm sounds like my instructor
    options:
    1) i'm sorry but im decided to take a break from lessons to concentrate on exams/work etc, i dont have the time right now
    2) i don't have the money, so have to look for someone cheaper as much as i love you
    3)don't book anymore lessons/dont pick up if he calls

ReputationRep:
    I said this...
    I think I'm going to put off driving for awhile as I need to focus on my work and I'm going to start again once I've saved a load of money.
    OR, just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    'WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK I WOULD WANT MORE LESSONS WITH YOU?' should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    Just book it tomorrow after your next lesson, and either get your friend to ring him on your behalf or text him saying either **** off or i cant afford any more

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a ******, why do you care what he thinks?
    id ask for my money back if i was getting abuse

ReputationRep:
    Easy, just don't book any more lessons.

You don't have to give an answer when he asks why not, just say: "none for now thanks" and that'll be it.

How exactly is this hard? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he needs to be punched in the face.

ReputationRep:
    Amfg he sounds like a right *******.

You could say a member of your family, or a family friend has offered you a good deal. Or that you want to learn to drive in a different type of car i.e. a ford focus because that is what your first car will be.

But remember, once you have passed, run him over.

ReputationRep:
    one of my instructors was like this so I said its near exam time... I need to concentrate on exams so I want to take a break from driving lessons and then never booked a lesson woth them again... or saw them for that matter

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 24, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.