Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to say to an instructor when you want to stop driving lessons with them??? watch

its me,not you,we can still be friends?

ReputationRep:
    "Why can you not ******* shut the **** up and stop swearing mother ******. Bye"

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you've got a problem with the way he's treating you.
    Or at least next lesson when he shouts at you, be rude back to him. And then after that, just tell him you'd prefer not to have anymore lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    Ive been having lessons with this instructor for about 2-3months now having 2hour lessons a week. Id like to cancel lessons with him as he is always shouting and swearing at me and its starting to be detrimental to my driving confidence as when he shouts it just makes me so much more nervous. Like last week we where doing a manouver(turn in the road) and he kept shouting at me saying "WHY THE **** CAN U NOT GET THIS" , " WHY CAN YOU NOT ******* FIND THE BITE". My parents had block booked a ton of lessons so i perservered through the shouting, the block booking runs out tommorow and I want to stop lessons with him but i really dont know what to say to him, any suggestions would help
    which driving company is he from?

ReputationRep:
    "Why can you not ******* teach?!"
    That should do the trick.

Seriously though, just tell him your switching instructors. They get it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who severed ties with his instructor by pulling out at the wrong junction and having a lorry go into the back of him, giving his instructor whiplash and writing the car off. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but I think it did the job

ReputationRep:
    Say your parents are making you pay from now on, you need to save up the money but we'll contact him when you have the money...then never bother. =D

ReputationRep:
    tell him you want a break and just never go back

ReputationRep:
    "WHY THE **** CAN U NOT GET THIS"
    "WHY THE **** CAN YOU NOT CONTROL YOUR TEMPERAMENT AND TREAT ME WITH THE RESPECT I'VE BEEN PAYING YOU FOR?" would be a good retort. I can't believe there are instructors who are still like this.

That said, if you were really going to stop lessons with him, don't feel obliged to give him a reason. You can tell him you won't be booking any more lessons and that's that.

ReputationRep:
    get your dad to do it i always get my dad to do all the difficult talking :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You HAVE to say "it's not you, it's me".

ReputationRep:
    Unclick his seatbelt then drive into a wall.

Or just tell him you want to focus on your exams/school work more and so wont be taking any more lessons for now. Then never call him again.

ReputationRep:
    You could just say that you are busy atm and you will call him to book more lessons and just never do! He sounds like an unprofesional instructor anyway..I can reccommend a good driving school called WantDrivingLessons.com, i use them!

ReputationRep:
    lol i was in a similar situation i just never contacted him again lol! I start with a new instructor tomorrow eeeeeeeeeee Hope i see my old one whilst im driving around haha

ReputationRep:
    I remember my instructor was an absolute ****, saying how I was so far behind everyone else hes teaching, how they took out loans to pay for block bookings because they care about driving, and how crap I was against them. My instructor was quite sly and after every lesson he made sure I had 4 or 5 lessons booked in advance... he also said I would benefit from an hour and a half more than an hour, when he just spent 20 mins driving to the place to drive. I decided to quit and left the driving school a message to cancel the lessons. Shows how **** their communication is, because he still turned up, and when my dad explained, he tried to demand all of the money. Needless to say the door got slammed in his face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I remember my instructor was an absolute ****, saying how I was so far behind everyone else hes teaching, how they took out loans to pay for block bookings because they care about driving, and how crap I was against them. My instructor was quite sly and after every lesson he made sure I had 4 or 5 lessons booked in advance... he also said I would benefit from an hour and a half more than an hour, when he just spent 20 mins driving to the place to drive. I decided to quit and left the driving school a message to cancel the lessons. Shows how **** their communication is, because he still turned up, and when my dad explained, he tried to demand all of the money. Needless to say the door got slammed in his face.
    What driving school was this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizKid07)
    What driving school was this??
    It was called Shire Oak

ReputationRep:
    Say outright to him you don't like his attitude and that the angry outbursts don't help anybody. Then step out of your car and never see him again.

Unless he holds grudges.

ReputationRep:
    Just say its to do with money or academic work, simple. I've been having a different instructor for this month as my old instructor is booked up for this month because of cancellations from when it was snowing, and he's nowhere near as good, so I know the feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having lessons with this instructor for about 2-3months now having 2hour lessons a week. Id like to cancel lessons with him as he is always shouting and swearing at me and its starting to be detrimental to my driving confidence as when he shouts it just makes me so much more nervous. Like last week we where doing a manouver(turn in the road) and he kept shouting at me saying "WHY THE **** CAN U NOT GET THIS" , " WHY CAN YOU NOT ******* FIND THE BITE". My parents had block booked a ton of lessons so i perservered through the shouting, the block booking runs out tommorow and I want to stop lessons with him but i really dont know what to say to him, any suggestions would help

My instructor was an idiot. I bought a car, said can I learn in it so i don't have to swap cars and he told me he didnt feel safe and refused to teach me anymore.

Maybe a way out for you, if hes that evil!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.