Turn on thread page Beta

Beastie Boys: Rock or Rap? watch

• View Poll Results: Beastie Boys: Rock or Rap?
    Rock
    9.09%
    Rap
    90.91%

ReputationRep:
    I have just got into Beastie boys, they are amazing!
    But are they rock or rap?
    Check out their first 3 albums, all golden!

ReputationRep:
    Rap Rock?

ReputationRep:
    Rap

ReputationRep:
    If your familiar with their back-catalogue, you'll know they are both, and then a whole lot more. Check out their anthology "The Sounds of Science", which covers the best of everything up to Hello Nasty, it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    If your familiar with their back-catalogue, you'll know they are both, and then a whole lot more. Check out their anthology "The Sounds of Science", which covers the best of everything up to Hello Nasty, it's amazing.
    thanks, ive downloaded all their albums but ive only finished listening to Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique and Check Your head.
    I will try and listen to Ill Communication tonight, and then another the next day...and so on.
    What do you think is their best album?

ReputationRep:
    I do LOVE Ill Communication, so varied in it's style, from funk to rap to rock. You're in for a treat

ReputationRep:
    My iTunes calls it Hip Hop/ Rap...

ReputationRep:
    Rap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Best answer on roads.

ReputationRep:
    both..

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the option for both in the poll? Why can't a band be classed as more than one genre?

ReputationRep:
    I thought they started off as punk? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Honestly, who? This is a trivial, meaningless, worthless poll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caw123)
    Who cares? Honestly, who? This is a trivial, meaningless, worthless poll.
    Don't bother posting then, or voting. I didn't vote because the poll is inconsequential. It doesn't mean the topic isn't worth discussing though.

ReputationRep:
    Rap, but with a rock bent. You're in for a treat with Ill Communication, a really amazing album. I'm not sure where to go now I've finished with it though.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys,
    I've just finished to all their albums, i heard they are brining out a new album, but pushed it back because MCA has mouth cancer. I've heard their song with Nas, very refreshing

I loved Ill Communication, License to Ill and Hello Nasty the best
    the rest are all very good albums, are all the songs produced by Nick Rubin ?

PUMP IT UP HOMEBOY

ReputationRep:
    rap sorry haha i honestly have no idea on earth how ppl can call them rock
    ( i am a fan of them )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    rap sorry haha i honestly have no idea on earth how ppl can call them rock
    ( i am a fan of them )
    have you never heard tracks like Soba Violence or Egg Raid On Mojo, or even B.E.A.S.T.I.E Boys?

ReputationRep:
    if u call that rock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    if u call that rock?
    What would you call it, if not rock? It's definitely rooted in garage-band punk.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.