Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to approach a girl like this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student in uni who is kind of interested in a nice girl. The problem is, I haven't talked to her yet. I see her in my lectures all the time but haven't been able to speak to her. Either she is with friends or she has arrived after me. I've not really had opportunities to flash smiles at her and things like that but I can kind of sense she knows I like her. She ended up sitting in front of me today and slightly to the side, and I could see her discreetly looking back towards me with a bit of a smile.

She was with friends so I couldn't speak to her but I do have a potential chance elsewhere. There have been a few occassions when I've seen her whilst I was walking home and I've overtaken her. Would it be ok to talk to her then or is it creepy if I just appear from nowhere like that? (she normally doesn't notice me catching up)

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't sneak up on her then it's fine.

You can talk about the lecture or ask about any assignments or w/e but go for it! :top:

ReputationRep:
    walk on the other side of the road, just infront of her, then look across pretending to look for traffic then cross the road, say hey how are you. want to get it on ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, don't sneak up on her. Confidently say excuse me when you're a good few yards behind her, then (hopefully) she'll stop. Then don't rush into conversation leave gaps between when she says something & you do. Say Hi, then something you think will get the conversation started. Remember to stand up straight (sounds wierd I know but increases her perception of your confidence) and don't mumble!

ReputationRep:
    I always find approaching from behind works the best. A rope and gag are also invaluable.

ReputationRep:
    Don't creep up on her, that's not a good starting point. If you approached from behind then make sure you're being loud (walk heavily, hum, cough, etc.) so she will be aware of someone behind her. If she looks back then you could either start conversation with her or make some kind of contact visually (if you're too far away) and then catch up with her. At this point, make sure you've got a conversation opener. It would be really embarrasing to do something like 'oh hi... er...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinrage)
    Shove your **** down her throat.
    That's stage 2. Stage 1 is getting into the situation where you are able to carry out stage 2 and all the way up to stage 6 (if you want to go that far ). Stage 1 is the difficult one, unless you go for the 'grab and bag' technique but not everyone can pull this of. (hence why it works... :rofl: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinrage)
    Shove your **** down her throat.
    It's a bit early to be cooking dinner for her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Remember to stand up straight (sounds wierd I know but increases her perception of your confidence) and don't mumble!
    This is definitely something I need to improve! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robofish999)
    I'm a student in uni who is kind of interested in a nice girl. The problem is, I haven't talked to her yet. I see her in my lectures all the time but haven't been able to speak to her. Either she is with friends or she has arrived after me. I've not really had opportunities to flash smiles at her and things like that but I can kind of sense she knows I like her. She ended up sitting in front of me today and slightly to the side, and I could see her discreetly looking back towards me with a bit of a smile.

She was with friends so I couldn't speak to her but I do have a potential chance elsewhere. There have been a few occassions when I've seen her whilst I was walking home and I've overtaken her. Would it be ok to talk to her then or is it creepy if I just appear from nowhere like that? (she normally doesn't notice me catching up)

Thank you
    give her a gaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    This is definitely something I need to improve! :yes:
    Yeah it's something I used to struggle with, until I saw a couple of pics of me crouched like a hump back & realised how unnatractive it made me look.

Definitely an overlooked flirting technique!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I always find approaching from behind works the best. A rope and gag are also invaluable.
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Don't creep up on her, that's not a good starting point. If you approached from behind then make sure you're being loud (walk heavily, hum, cough, etc.) so she will be aware of someone behind her. If she looks back then you could either start conversation with her or make some kind of contact visually (if you're too far away) and then catch up with her. At this point, make sure you've got a conversation opener. It would be really embarrasing to do something like 'oh hi... er...'
    True, from behind is good .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Yeah it's something I used to struggle with, until I saw a couple of pics of me crouched like a hump back & realised how unnatractive it made me look.

Definitely an overlooked flirting technique!
    I recognised this as a problem with me and I am improving it.:yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.